You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

POF File Format - Squawkcode Autoassign

Brendan Chen 943434

Brendan Chen 943434
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

I've been faced with a problem. I'm trying to develop a POF file for my area, but I need to configure it such that regardless of the position I'm controlling, I will [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign the same squawk code, but now the real problem is, the squawk code range varies depending on whether the aircraft is flying within the FIR, or flying between FIRs.

Simple example (I'll be using Chinese airports)

• Within same FIR: Aircraft A is flying from Xiamen (ZSAM) to Qingdao (ZSQD) will be [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned the squawkcode of between 0730-0757
  • Flying between FIR: Aircraft B is flying from Xiamen (ZSAM) to Beijing (ZBAA) will be [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned squawk code of between 0150-0177 and 2700-2727

Is there a way to write the POF file such that the case above (and others of similar nature) can be satisfied?

Thanks

Brendan

Brendan Chen

VATPRC Tech Support

You make the difference!

672A68079898-1_zps98cef54d.png

Christopher Mauro
Posted
Posted

Not that I can think of, no.

A position can only have one squawk code range on the POF file.

Regards,

Chris Mauro

Chris Mauro

Brendan Chen 943434
Posted
Posted

I see, so what does most other FIR/ARTCC/VACC do in this context? Do they generally just use either inter FIR or intra FIR squawk codes? (take a pick)

Brendan Chen

VATPRC Tech Support

You make the difference!

672A68079898-1_zps98cef54d.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

They probably manually [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign them instead of using the auto-[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign feature. Or they use a third-party program that [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igns squawks. (And then manually [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign the given squawk within VRC.)

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC