You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Using Tower View on Sweatbox

Martin Loxbo

Martin Loxbo
Posted
Posted

I just tried connecting VRC to Sweatbox using Tower View and a scenario run on EuroScope. It worked very well except that all aircraft were displayed as "paper planes", i.e. the aircraft types were not recognised. Is there a way to get the correct aircraft types to display in the tower view using Sweatbox? Does it depend on the type of scenario perhaps (created for ES or for TWRTrainer for example)?

Martin Loxbo

Director Sweden FIR

VATSIM Scandinavia

Martin Loxbo
Posted
Posted

After some more testing, I found out that connecting to VATSIM using ES and connecting VRC to the ES proxy server produces the same result - only paper planes. When connecting normally to VATSIM with VRC, the aircraft are displayed correctly though.

Martin Loxbo

Director Sweden FIR

VATSIM Scandinavia

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe this is an issue with ES. It sounds like ES is not sending model and livery data for the aircraft it generates. As a test, try using TWRTrainer to generate the aircraft, and you should see some accurate aircraft models because TWRTrainer is programmed to send model and livery data for the targets it generates.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Martin Loxbo
Posted
Posted

That does seem to be the case. I've made a post in the ES forum too, hopefully someone will have the answer there.

Martin Loxbo

Director Sweden FIR

VATSIM Scandinavia