You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Nvidia 3D Vision, GTX480 and Dual Monitors

Moshe Mizrahi

Moshe Mizrahi
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I want to use Flight Simulator X with 2 monitors and Nvidia 3D vision. The primary monitor supports 3D while secondary does not. I have a single GTX480 on board. I understood that the 3D supports Full Screen mode only, so is it possible to view 3D (full screen) on my primary monitor and run other secondary applications (like FSInn) on the second monitor? Is it possible also to put few 2D undocked panels on the secondary monitor? Appreciate your advice!

Thank you

Moshe Mizrahi

VATIL : Virtual is the new Reality

Otrokovice to Haifa Virtual Flight Trip with a Cessna 152

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Hi Moshe, you can right click on the window, and choose Undock which lets you move the window to any available screen. You might take a hit on performance or graphics might suffer a bit when u do that when in full screen mode. Haven't tried it in a while, so consider that something to watch and have fun!!

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Moshe Mizrahi
Posted
Posted
Hi Moshe, you can right click on the window, and choose Undock which lets you move the window to any available screen. You might take a hit on performance or graphics might suffer a bit when u do that when in full screen mode. Haven't tried it in a while, so consider that something to watch and have fun!!

Thanks, will do.

Do you think it be less FPS consuming if I put another (GT7800) graphic card for the secondary monitor?

I'm running [email protected]

Moshe Mizrahi

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

The fps loss comes from the game too, so not necessarily your Gx card alone. Although I believe two cards do help, I actually use a mis-matched SLI (not recommended but) which is actually working for me pretty well, then again I don't usually detach/undock windows off of my screen especially becoz of the fps/gx issues I see, mostly the latter, so I don't know the right answer. FS on one screen, FSinn from within FS but moved to the other monitor and all other Browser/ASA etc on the second monitor...I get above 20fps 90% of the time and sometimes lowers to 9-13, but flyable . I fly add-on acft 99.9% of the time and UTX/GEX/REX and some payware-airports.

Moshe Mizrahi
Posted
Posted

Thanks a lot. I have ordered the Samsung 2233RZ monitor, guess will have to wait and see

Moshe Mizrahi

Moshe Mizrahi
Posted
Posted
Thanks a lot. I have ordered the Samsung 2233RZ monitor, guess will have to wait and see

Changed my mind, going with the AW2310.... I have a bigger issue now:

I am fighting with it for a week now and am not able to get FSX to show up in the NV Control panel under the list of installed stereoscopic 3D compatible games. When I tried to run it anyway it showed ghosts, two images overlaping, and I got the errors say:

Glow on lights are incorrect

Incorrect 3D object placement

I have a fresh install with all default settings, OS is Win7 64, my FSX "preview DX10" box is unchecked and I am using Gigabyte GTX480, tried few drivers....

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance appreciated!

Moshe Mizrahi

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Do you think it is incorrectly [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming FSX is a 3D game and trying to project it so...like u know watching a 3d movie without gl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es.

Moshe Mizrahi
Posted
Posted
Do you think it is incorrectly [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming FSX is a 3D game and trying to project it so...like u know watching a 3d movie without gl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es.

sorry.... didn't get your point

maybe i did not explain correctly, i have set up the 3D system and all demo movies worked perfectly, the FSX (as much as i understand) was supposed to appear as 3D supported installed game as well (it's compatibility is marked "excellent" in the NV supported games list) but i could not see it in my PC list of installed 3D games (listed in the NV control panel)

Moshe Mizrahi