You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Updating Voice Callsigns - ICAO_Airlines.txt?

J Jason Vodnansky 810003

J Jason Vodnansky 810003
Posted
Posted

Folks,

I am attempting to add some airline's voice callsigns to this docomeent, as well as edit a few prefixes. The updates ARE in the file, in a tab-delimited format, but they don't seem to be working in Euroscope.

added the following line to ICAO_Airlines.txt...

SWVA     Southwest Virtual Airlines - United states     SOUTHWEST VIRTUAL

So, I am probably in the wrong place, but can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

JV

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted

Can you have a designator of other form then 3 signs? Might be that?

Johan Grauers

Event Coordinator - vACC Scandinavia

Marvin Palmer
Posted
Posted

Euroscope looks at the 3-4 letter designator of the callsign...so if the pilot logs on as SWVA1234, then it'll show, if he uses SWA1234, the default is Southwest...and so on.

You can also use the shortcut method to update as well, .callsign SOUTHWEST VIRTUAL {ASEL}/{Num +}

Marvin

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted
Euroscope looks at the 3-4 letter designator of the callsign...so if the pilot logs on as SWVA1234, then it'll show, if he uses SWA1234, the default is Southwest...and so on.

You can also use the shortcut method to update as well, .callsign SOUTHWEST VIRTUAL {ASEL}/{Num +}

Marvin

Actually it doesn't It looks for the 3 letters callsign only, the example above will give SWV Swe Fly - Sweden FLYING SWEDE

Martin Loxbo
Posted
Posted

I fail to see the point in creating a new callsign and designator for a VA that's simulating a real airline. Why not use SWA and Southwest?

Martin Loxbo

Director Sweden FIR

VATSIM Scandinavia

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted

Marvin

Actually it doesn't It looks for the 3 letters callsign only, the example above will give SWV Swe Fly - Sweden FLYING SWEDE

Now that's a callsign I have to try sometime

Johan Grauers

Event Coordinator - vACC Scandinavia

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted
I fail to see the point in creating a new callsign and designator for a VA that's simulating a real airline. Why not use SWA and Southwest?

Perhaps some of its members are using SWVA instead of SWA?

Romano Lara
vACC Philippines, Manager - Training & Standards
04819c_4181f294a6c34b5aa4d8a82c0fb448c5~mv2.webp

Martin Loxbo
Posted
Posted

Yeah, but that doesn't make any sense...

Johan, SWV was the code for Swe Fly which operated a 767 and a few Fokker 50 aircraft a few years ago. They no longer exist unfortunately.

Martin Loxbo

Director Sweden FIR

VATSIM Scandinavia

J Jason Vodnansky 810003
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the replies, as I understand this...

ONLY the 3 letter code can be used.

(perhaps making it 3 OR 4 characters can be added to a feature request list)

There are a few different Southwest VAs flying in the USA. This one goes by Southwest VIRTUAL, so I wanted to update the list since they fly using SWVA. Mostly just to learn how to do it, and it was an easy aircraft to work with.

Is the keyboard command permanent? Meaning, if I use it, is it specific to THAT aircraft, or is it added to the ICAO_Airlines.txt file, to be used ANYTIME and AUTOMATICALLY when it sees the 3 character code?

Thanks again,

Jason

Marvin Palmer
Posted
Posted
Is the keyboard command permanent? Meaning, if I use it, is it specific to THAT aircraft, or is it added to the ICAO_Airlines.txt file, to be used ANYTIME and AUTOMATICALLY when it sees the 3 character code?

Yes permenant, it changes/adds the data to the ICAO_Airlines.txt, and it's specific to the prefix of the callsign.

Marvin

J Jason Vodnansky 810003
Posted
Posted

Thanks Marvin, I will use that...

JV