You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Menu Display Problem... possibly a bug

Richard Webb 1097731

Richard Webb 1097731
Posted
Posted

I have two monitors on my system... one is capable of 1280x1024 and the other is only capable of 1024x768. If I start euroscope using a profile that moves the display to the second monitor, the menus are messed up. When you click the button (such as OPEN SCT) the menu appears but the top option (download sector file) appears 1/3 of the way down the screen.. so the menu is not attached to the top with the button. If I move the screen back to the main display it works, but moving it back to the smaller monitor the problem returns.

Don't know if anyone has had this before.. just thought I would post about it.

Thanks,

Rich

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Did you try to maximize/restore down the ES's window?

Richard Webb 1097731
Posted
Posted

Yep. Restored, minimized, maximized - all made no difference. I put it back on the other screen 1280x1024 and it's still okay. If I set the bigger screen to 1024x768 to match the other smaller one, then start ES, I can move the screens back and forth and the menus display correctly. Looks like it might me that it's miscalculating the starting location for the menu when switching to a smaller sized screen.

-Rich

Freek Vandeursen 1101105
Posted
Posted

I have a similar setup Richard, 2 screens with different resolutions. But I never had any problems with it, works perfect for me.

DA_f100_pilot_01.jpg

Marvin Palmer
Posted
Posted

Have you checked to make sure you have the latest Display Drivers installed? for your Video Card?

Does your Monitors show up as their brand names or do they show up as PNP Default Monitor? Reason is I had the same issue (other product) and updated the above mentioned and the problem went away. I also updated the Monitors as well.

My thoughts on this...

Marvin

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

EuroScopes seems to read display resolutions on starting. So for my multi-monitor setup, I have to make sure the monitors are present in their desired resolutions before starting EuroScope.