You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ACFT displayed out of coordinates

José Silva Júnior 907173

José Silva Júnior 907173
Posted
Posted

Hi all.

I have reinstall ES 3.1d and now, the ACFT are displayed about 60NM N/NE out of they real position. Same sector is used for some friends with no trouble in same ES version with same OS (Windows 7). If someone could help, I appreciate.

Thanks a lot.

907173.jpg

Ross Bristo 1010003
Posted
Posted

What type of correlation are you using? Easy Vatsim, Mode-S, Mode-C?

If its not Easy vatsim its likely that the the "track" you're seeing is a flightplan track (i.e an estimate of where ES thinks the actual aircraft is. So the answer would be to correlate the FP track.

A FP track looks like this: RadarTarget-flightplan.jpg

One of the devs may come a long with another solution. I may be wrong!

atc1o.png

José Silva Júnior 907173
Posted
Posted

Ross, thanks for replay. But, I have tryed all correlation types before with same result. I think this is not a estimated position indication beacuse all FP were for a local flight (no more then 15NM from base).

Regards.

907173.jpg

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Try to reset the sector center with

.rcenter <object>

and

.dcenter <object>

José Silva Júnior 907173
Posted
Posted

Todor, same result. Thanks for try. This bug is very boring =/

Regards.

907173.jpg

Marvin Palmer
Posted
Posted

Are these within your [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned sector? anything outside it is based on the server's updates, which on occasion are dated so they show the aircraft locations incorrectly.

I noticed it last week, everytime the messege showed the downloaded data (controllers/pilots online) the icons shifted backwards almost like they were flying the wrong way. I would log into a different server and see if it fixes the problem.

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Well I have one rule, if something was working before a reinstall....reinstall again

José Silva Júnior 907173
Posted
Posted

Marvin, they were in my [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned sector. I have made a test yesterday installing VRC and, using same sector designed to ES (just test) and work as well; traffic was appointed in they real location (I have confirmed with pilots). The problem is specific in my ES installation =/

Todor: LoL Nice try but already tryed and no new result

Thanks all.

907173.jpg

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Can you send me your settings files (asr/sct/ese/settings) files for a test? xumepoc(_at)abv(dot_)bg

José Silva Júnior 907173
Posted
Posted

OK, I will send to you today about 2300Z - now I'm working and no have the files with me.

907173.jpg

José Silva Júnior 907173
Posted
Posted

After many tries, I give up I reinstalled Windows and ES works fine again... Now, is reinstall all stuff again

Thanks everybody who try to help, sorry for expend your time but I'm tired. Format and reinstall seemed the best choice. Thanks again.

907173.jpg