You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Reminder: SE Real Operation Night, THIS SUNDAY 1700-2230z!

Iain Sealey 841536

Iain Sealey 841536
Posted
Posted

Just a reminder, the SE RTS Real Operation Night is THIS SUNDAY from 1700z to 2230z covering Gatwick, Bournemouth and Southampton!

Pilots wishing to fly, can book a flight here: www.serts.org/rops

We still have many flights left with carriers from BA, Easyjet, First Choice, My Travel, Ryanair and man many more carriers, to/from destinations in the UK and all over europe!

We badly need London TMA and Upper controllers (currently none!), here is a post from Gareth Williams, from the VATSIM-UK forum:

Would any TMA experienced members please think carefully before booking for SW or SE this weekend.

Speed limits at GWC, BEXIL and TANET are to be expected and should be enforced; please keep holding aircraft under TMA control until FL120 in the holds at WILLO and TIMBA.

We hope that traffic will be such that BEXIL and GWC may become holding points; please familiarise yourselves with those patterns.

Not trying to put anyone off but if it attracts the expected traffic then we could be in for one hell of a night....

Regards

Gareth

Any avalible controllers can book thier position at: http://www.vatsim-uk.org/bookings-events/events/controller-bookings/controllers.asp?event_id=250

Cheers

Iain Sealey

SE RTS Real Operations Organiser

Iain Sealey 841536
Posted
Posted

The event infomation e-mail has just bee sent out:

Good Evening All,

First of all can I say thank you to all of you for booking a slot(s) for tomorrow evenings Real Operations Night 2005.

I apologise to those who have booked multiple flight, and thus will receive multiple e-mails, you only need 1!

Here are the NOTAMs for Pilots for tomorrow evening, please read both if you are flying in and out of the event area, if you only have 1 slot, please read the appropriate docomeent, it has ALL the information you will need, if it doesn’t, or there are any questions, please e-mail me a [email protected]

NOTAMs for Departing Pilots:

http://uk.geocities.com/[email protected]/NOTAMs_for_Departing_Pilots.pdf

NOTAMs for Arriving Pilots:

http://uk.geocities.com/[email protected]/NOTAMs_for_Arriving_Pilots.pdf

These docomeents will appear on the real operations website (www.serts.org/rops) in the near future, in the mean time, please use the above links.

You must have the most up to date version of adobe acrobat reader for this (version 7.0.5), which is available from www.Adobe.com If you don't have adobe, or do not wish to install it, please e-mail me at [email protected] and I can send you it in Microsoft word format.

We hope you enjoy the event tomorrow, and we will see you all tomorrow evening, REMEMBER ALL TIMES ARE ZULU (GMT or UTC depending on what you use)

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL ADDRESS, ANY E-MAILS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO [email protected]

Thanks and enjoy the evening

On Behalf of the SE-RTS, Gareth Williams (SE-RTSM) and myself, we wish you all a pleasant evening.

Iain Sealey

SE-RTS Real Operations Night Organiser

Cheers

Andrew McCabe
Posted
Posted

I'm a new pilot and about to try my first online event. so sorry if this is a stupid question BUT :-

I'm booked for a flight on tonights event. The flight plan says DEP 18.30 GMT which is 19.30 local in the UK ?

Just that I can see pilots either in the air or departing for booked flights based on departures at 17.00 GMT. Are these guys away too early ? Or am I just getting it all wrong here ?

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

Andrew you are right, you have obviously read all your stuff just like me. Anybody who may have been flying ealry where probably doing that, flying early.

It was my first event tonight and I thouroughly enjoyed it. Although there was no controller at Southampton. I did have ATC all the way from London CTR to Liver pool. In fact I ah the Neil Deson Smyth all the way. Excellent. Let me know how you got on.

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks