You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATSIM Training Hotline

Richard Jenkins

Richard Jenkins
Posted
Posted

We have setup an email address for you to contact VATSIM to let us know about training delays you may be facing. We are only interested in hearing about delays in requests for training. That said! We understand there are many legitimate reasons for delays. What we want to hear about are the unreasonable delays. So to start off with we want to only know about delays in excess of 1 month from request. These would include initial requests to start training, OTS/CPT scheduling or written test scheduling.

Word of Caution:

Be honest! If we take the time to look into your matter and we find that you have not been totally open and forthright with us. We will not go any further and will ignore any future requests from you.

What you need to inlcude:

Email to: [email protected]

Name and VATSIM ID

Facility

Copies of your initial requests to staff.

Any responses from staff.

Current status of request.

Once we have this information we will forward your concern to the appropriate staff member for handling with a 30 day follow-up date. This does not constitute a promise in any manner to mediate a dispute and/or circomevent the established VATSIM CR process.

RJ

Thomas George 827476
Posted
Posted

A very welcome initiative, indeed I would like to be informed if we've got any problems in EUD that I don't know about.

Regards,

Thomas George

Anthony Lawrence
Posted
Posted

One would, however, hope that all information has been gathered before any fingers are pointed at training staff. .

Regs,

A...

Callum McLoughlin
Posted
Posted

I'm sure things will start to run at maximum efficiancy from now on, though, Anthony...

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted
I'm sure things will start to run at maximum efficiancy from now on

I hope so, and as a member I would be very glad to see this maximize the efficiency of training and the way how promotions are handled.

Romano Lara
vACC Philippines, Manager - Training & Standards
04819c_4181f294a6c34b5aa4d8a82c0fb448c5~mv2.webp

Anthony Lawrence
Posted
Posted
I'm sure things will start to run at maximum efficiancy from now on, though, Anthony...

Ah but, there's only so far you can push the system before it breaks! It's not possible to get mentoring in a "reasonable time" if there aren't (m)any mentors for said position.

Regards,

A...

Callum McLoughlin
Posted
Posted

Absolutely, but you don't have to worry as Richard said:

That said! We understand there are many legitimate reasons for delays.

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted
Absolutely, but you don't have to worry as Richard said:

That said! We understand there are many legitimate reasons for delays.

and therein lies the possible veiled threat.

Wycliffe: your friendly neighbourhood DCRM

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted

The subtext here, folks, for anyone who doesn't know, is that this whole thread applies only to ATC training…

Just in case any newbie pilots were wondering if they were missing something.

Maybe this thread belongs in the Controller Talk Board?

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.

• 2 weeks later...
Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
The subtext here, folks, for anyone who doesn't know, is that this whole thread applies only to ATC training…

Just in case any newbie pilots were wondering if they were missing something.

Maybe this thread belongs in the Controller Talk Board?

Great catch and clarification. Until your message, I thought this was an announcement for pilot training since the time is coinciding with the new pilot certification program just getting on the way.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

• 2 months later...
Jonas De Bleser 1167975
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I don't know if this is what i think, but are you able to sign in for trainings?

But what does trainings means? Pilot/ATC training or what is this about?

Thanks in advance

Jonas

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

this post is for ATC training. its only for student controllers to report delays in their training, not to request training

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Jonas,

Richards post is about ATC training and how to report when you are given delays in obtaining such training. I see you only joined a few days ago and have chosen to be part of Europe. You should check out http://vateud.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=77&Itemid=122 for more information.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Jonas De Bleser 1167975
Posted
Posted
Jonas,

Richards post is about ATC training and how to report when you are given delays in obtaining such training. I see you only joined a few days ago and have chosen to be part of Europe. You should check out http://vateud.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=77&Itemid=122 for more information.

Ok thank you

Miguel Frias
Posted
Posted

Hi Jonas,

There are mainly two different types of training available. ATC or Pilot.

ATC training requires a mentor and then an examiner to certify a specific rating which will allow a controller to effectively man an ATC position. Controllers will take a CPT (Controller Practical Test) and if successful will be "awarded" the next rating.

As for pilots, the ratings are just about starting at this moment. They are not mandatory but will show other pilots/ATC that you are certified to a certain level.

Apart from all this, you have training department in each FIR. Since you belong to Europe, VATEUD has a great website (http://www.vateud.net) with a section called Pilot TD which pretty much has everything you need to know. But if you're looking for someone to help you out (sort of a mentor), then you need to contact your FIR's training department and they should be able to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign someone to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist you with your doubts and "sit next to you" during a flight to see if you're doing things right.

I think you mentioned you're from Belgium so, checkout the Belux FIR here: http://beluxvacc.org/

Finally, your VATSIM ID entitles you to be a pilot and/or a controller. However if you're flying, you can't log on a second time and control at the same time, and vice-versa. But you can make your flight and when finished, disconnect from VATSIM and then connect using a radar client and start controlling.

Miguel

Miguel Frias

Senior Instructor (I3) & Certified Pilot (P4), ZLA I-11 graduate

Portugal vACC Training Director (ACCPT2), VATEUD Operations Director (VATEUD8)

Portugal vACC, VATEUD, VATSIM

1107190.png1107190.png

• 1 year later...
Rocky Beam 1217354
Posted
Posted

Where do I need to go for some 1-on-1 pilot and software training. I've got everything the docs say I need, but not a single clue of how to use it!!!???

Is there a VATSIM TeamSpeak that I can use to get in touch with someone about this, or what?

Thanks in advance from

An extremely frustrated Rocky...

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

Any of the ATOs listed in the link below offer the P1 VATSIM Online Pilot Rating which covers all the basics through your first flight online.

http://linksmanager.com/vatsimvas/authorised-training-organisation.html

You can also find information in the Pilot Resource Center found at vatsim.net/prc

Kyle Ramsey

• 1 year later...
Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted
Is this still active?

Yes.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

• 1 year later...
Bryant Slade 1315756
Posted
Posted

How is it, that one can request for training, but a week p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es and no one ops in to train them, but instead they are always flying when their online? I'd like for someone to train me so that I can enjoy soaring with other members, on vatsim.

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

PM sent

Kyle Ramsey

• 1 month later...
  • Board of Governors
Nicola Felini
Posted
Posted
How is it, that one can request for training, but a week p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es and no one ops in to train them, but instead they are always flying when their online? I'd like for someone to train me so that I can enjoy soaring with other members, on vatsim.

Hello Bryant,

Please contact me at n.felini(at)vatsim(dot)net. I have not received anything from you concerning training. Most importantly, you are not even [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to a Division.

Nicola Felini

Vice President | Conflict Resolution

7JRF7kO.png.c96d82051e6821a105716826766c7bd0.png

• 1 year later...
Alexander Fomenko 890369
Posted
Posted

It doesn't seem to be working..

ZLA Controller! S1/I11

61.png

Pilot certification center -

http://pilotcerts.laartcc.org/page/__default