You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Active Runways/Departure Lists

Daniel Eamon Brennan

Daniel Eamon Brennan
Posted
Posted

Hi Folks,

Recently, when an adjacent or underlying controller logs on, it causes all my active runways etc to be de-selected.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Daniel Eamon Brennan - C3

Phillip Powell 1062160
Posted
Posted

Try taking the tick out of Other SET/General settings/Set active APT by owned sectors, Donal.

Phill

EGGP_TWR 126.350

generate.php?mid=1062160

Old PID 849479

Daniel Eamon Brennan
Posted
Posted

Thanks Phill, that's solved the one issue.

The next is that sectors are not changing to the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]inged colour when the relevant controller comes online.

Oliver Gruetzmann
Posted
Posted

Sectors only change color if you control them (only your own airspace is being highlighted). The other thing are the borderlines changing color to show an active handoff line.

Daniel Eamon Brennan
Posted
Posted
Sectors only change color if you control them (only your own airspace is being highlighted). The other thing are the borderlines changing color to show an active handoff line.

The problem is that they're not changing colour (when I control that sector it's blue, when someone else controls it, it should be black) when the underlying position logs on - worked until a week or so ago.

Cillian O Luing 1032602
Posted
Posted

Daniel,

If it's a tower position you're talking about or even North, the airspace goes up to a certain altitude not forgetting that you have control above that delegated airspace as well and possibly hence the fact why it hasn't turned black?

Cillian.

Daniel Eamon Brennan
Posted
Posted
Daniel,

If it's a tower position you're talking about or even North, the airspace goes up to a certain altitude not forgetting that you have control above that delegated airspace as well and possibly hence the fact why it hasn't turned black?

Cillian.

Cillian,

The problem is, is that it did so until about a week ago and I can't understand why.

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Has ES auto updated the sct/ese file ?

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

Definitely a feature I would like to see: Copy the .rwy-file to the updated sector file

Anyway, what Daniel reported was that they de-selected when an underlying sector gets staffed. This must be something else.

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted
Daniel,

Cillian.

Cillian,

The problem is, is that it did so until about a week ago and I can't understand why.

I was asking about that problem