You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Wrong departure airport

Freek Vandeursen 1101105

Freek Vandeursen 1101105
Posted
Posted

This happened to me yesterday:

An aircraft logged in at the airport I was controlling, but he made an error with his flightplan and had filed another airport as departure. So obviously he didn't appear in my departure list etc. The ground controller asked him to correct the error, and he filed a new and correct flightplan. However, the aircraft still didn't appear in my departure list. Also after departure, I wasn't able to correlate the tag since he wasn't in any list. Did I do something wrong or is this a bug?

DA_f100_pilot_01.jpg

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted

try .getfp

That should get the fp once again from the dataservers and hopefully fix the error. ALSo did you try showing nonconcerned flightplans to see if it showed there?

Johan Grauers

Event Coordinator - vACC Scandinavia

Freek Vandeursen 1101105
Posted
Posted

Thanks Johan, didn't know about the .getfp, will remember that for the next time.

DA_f100_pilot_01.jpg

Marvin Palmer
Posted
Posted

This happened to me up in Anchorage Approach...I couldn't get the flightplan...end result was he switched server's and it appeared in my list...USA-W2 and USA-E are the servers that caused it (the 2 most used servers)...we both ended up on USA-N.

• 3 weeks later...
Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

Happened to me a few times as well. I kept asking the pilot if he had filed the plan, which he had, but with incorrect departure airport so I did not see it. Now if that happens I look at the full list and find it, change it and correlate, usually works.

Mark.

847924.png

• 2 weeks later...
Miguel Frias
Posted
Posted

If the flight plan has already been modifeid (squawk [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned or other) and the pilot is using FSInn then it won't work. Sometimes even Squawkbox has problems. Solution:

please disconnect, reconnect and re-file flight plan

This normally works with me

Miguel Frias

Senior Instructor (I3) & Certified Pilot (P4), ZLA I-11 graduate

Portugal vACC Training Director (ACCPT2), VATEUD Operations Director (VATEUD8)

Portugal vACC, VATEUD, VATSIM

1107190.png1107190.png

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted
If the flight plan has already been modifeid (squawk [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned or other) and the pilot is using FSInn then it won't work. Sometimes even Squawkbox has problems. Solution:

please disconnect, reconnect and re-file flight plan

This normally works with me

It is not a problem, it is by design, once a flight plan is been amended the pilot can't change anything.

Easiest way, type: ".am " hit the Aircraft select key, this will open the FlightPlan dialog and you can change anything you want.