You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FSX Scenery add ons

James Keevy 1110670

James Keevy 1110670
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

As a newby ,I was wondering if anybody knows of where ,and a simple way, to find and install scenery for Cape town, esp. to make Table mountain and the Cape mountains look more real than the default version?

Regards

james

• 10 months later...
Marlon Van Der Linde 11932
Posted
Posted

Hi James,

Its been a year but no one replied, so for the sake of others that find this thread...

In FSX you need the meshes (most people use the SRTM stuff, which is pretty darn accurate). I bought a full africa mesh dvd from NMG for FSX, but there are some free stuff too.

I still have the FSX stuff lying in the cupboard since I only work with XPlane now, and ill NEVER go back, so if anyone wants it

To summarise, the land shapes, water, mountains etc, are "meshes", google something like 'srtm mesh fsx'

• 7 months later...
Mark Ogden 1214307
Posted
Posted

There is no need to buy any scenery. The guys from Aeroworx do a fantastic job. You'll find their stuff on Avsim.

Installing more detailed meshes will make Table Mountain look more like Table Mountain. The trouble you may have is with the land cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es putting buildings in the wrong places.

The sad truth is that there is no photo realistic scenery for South Africa irrespective of whether you use FSX or Xplane.

• 3 weeks later...
Johan van Wyk 845396
Posted
Posted

Follow this link for Aeroworx FSX scenery, maintained by Hannes Steyn:

http://www.avcom.co.za/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=74571