You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Server Issue?

Ross Bristo 1010003

Ross Bristo 1010003
Posted
Posted

Hi All,

I (and others) have noticed a problem recently while controlling with Euroscope. That problem being controlling positions not showing up, this is either them not showing up in the list at all or sector lines not being drawn.

For example, im on EGPX_CTR right now and if i look at Dolomynum or Vatspy i can see that Maastricht is online and a sector line for him should be drawn but i cannot see EURM in my controllers list at all and no sector line is being drawn. My vis is large enough to reach the area EURM is. Similar problem were occurring last night with EGPX and EGPH_APP and MAN_CTR.

The obvious problem would be the .ese file, but i have tried to replicate the situation in a scenario with the same frequencies and sectors online and it works. The sector has worked in the past, its only recently this problem has occurred. There has been no update to the files recently (1 month) and as the person who created the files for EGPX i haven't touched any sector line data for EURM.

I have tried changing to the same server as the EURM controller but he sill doesn't show as online to me.

Is this a server problem, ES problem or a .ese problem? i can supply sections of the code (or download them here:- http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6376340/egpx_euroscope.zip.

Ta,

atc1o.png

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Will test it tonight. Just to confirm you have changed servers (more the one) ?

Ross Bristo 1010003
Posted
Posted
Will test it tonight. Just to confirm you have changed servers (more the one) ?

Yes, i initially was on ME then i changed to a Europe server and finally i changed to the server that the EURM controller was on, Europe-CW.

atc1o.png

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted
I (and others) have noticed a problem recently while controlling with Euroscope. That problem being controlling positions not showing up, this is either them not showing up in the list at all or sector lines not being drawn.

Do you really have an OR in your question? If a controller is not in your list then their sectorlines are not highlighted. That is correct behavior from the client perspective. ES just sends your position data to the server and is is the server's responsibility what controllers are in range and what are not. The servers decide what controllers position data are sent back to your client. If there is an AND in your question then I would say it is a server issue.

But the OR is real, and you see a valid identified controller in the list list but no sector allocated to them then it may be ESE or of client problem.

Can you confirm which one happens?

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Ross Bristo 1010003
Posted
Posted

Hi Gergely,

It is an AND

EURM was online this afternoon and i tried again and he was not showing in my controllers list AND the sectorlines are not being drawn. There only appears to be a problem with EURM.

Here is the position data for EURM:-

EURM_CTR:Maastricht:135.450:EUM:C:EURM:CTR:EURM:CTR:0300:0377

atc1o.png

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

Did you make sure that your visibilities did really overlap?

Ross Bristo 1010003
Posted
Posted
Did you make sure that your visibilities did really overlap?

Affirm, i did a .showvis and my vis range went well in to EURM's sector.

atc1o.png

• 3 weeks later...
Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

As I told there is nothing I can do to show a controller if its position data is not sent to the client by the server.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Alen Smriko 1034823
Posted
Posted

Ross.

Here's what happened to me.

I was on EURE_FSS. EURM_CTR was online.

I had positioned my .vis somewhere in Russia (for known reasons). I could see half Germany, but I couldn't see EURM_CTR online.

Till after, when I had positioned my .vis point somewhere in Romania or Ukraine, not sure now), I was able to see EURM.

What I think is that the server won't recognize one position as a neighboring or close one until you actually include his .vis point in your range, or possibly, even further. (Note: this is just what I speculate ).

Cheers!

Alen Smriko 1034823
Posted
Posted

One more thing.

I was online as EURE_FSS. I could see LHCC_CTR online. He had the callsign and the freq (and yes, PRIM) set up correctly, but ES didn't recognise him as LHCC_CTR the way it should. There was a random number near his callsign in the ATC positions list, like if that was a random position - not concerning EURE.

When I had reconnected (5 secs to do that), I could see him appear online in the proper way, with the proper letters near his callsign in the positions list, and with the sector grayed out.

Either the server didn't send the data correctly to me, or ES misinterpreted it.

Neil Farrington 1126106
Posted
Posted
Ross.

Here's what happened to me.

I was on EURE_FSS. EURM_CTR was online.

I had positioned my .vis somewhere in Russia (for known reasons). I could see half Germany, but I couldn't see EURM_CTR online.

Till after, when I had positioned my .vis point somewhere in Romania or Ukraine, not sure now), I was able to see EURM.

What I think is that the server won't recognize one position as a neighboring or close one until you actually include his .vis point in your range, or possibly, even further. (Note: this is just what I speculate ).

Cheers!

I don't know if that last part is true, but yes, if you set a vis centre in or near the invisible controller's vis centre, then he will appear. This is common when I log on as an observer; my vis range overlaps EGBB but I have to set a vcentre on EGBB for GND and TWR to show.

One more thing.

I was online as EURE_FSS. I could see LHCC_CTR online. He had the callsign and the freq (and yes, PRIM) set up correctly, but ES didn't recognise him as LHCC_CTR the way it should. There was a random number near his callsign in the ATC positions list, like if that was a random position - not concerning EURE.

When I had reconnected (5 secs to do that), I could see him appear online in the proper way, with the proper letters near his callsign in the positions list, and with the sector grayed out.

Either the server didn't send the data correctly to me, or ES misinterpreted it.

Well, that's either an ESE file error (it doesn't really sound like it though as you saw him correctly once reconnected, ES didn't [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign it because you were using LHCC_CTR sector at the time, so it didn't transfer it (I don't know anything about EURE_FSS and LHCC_CTR, so if that's wrong just give me a slap), or LHCC_CTR didn't have his primary frequency set. They're the only three options I've come up with.

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted
One more thing.

Alen,

It seems that LHCC_CTR was not correctly identified. I can not really tell the reason. Next time, please try to make a LOG and test if it is reproducible from the LOG or not. If reproducible, then I can check what data came from the other controller.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer