You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FS9 Launching Issue

Antonio King 1085967

Antonio King 1085967
Posted
Posted

So I'm having issues with my FS9. I uninstalled and reinstalled it, but when attempting to launch the program, the splash screen loads, the resolution changes as if it's going to launch in full screen mode, then the resolution changes back to normal and nothing happens. Before, I've always used FS9 in Windowed Mode, but I have no idea how to have it launch in Window Mode, especially since it can't even display the main FS9 screen. Any suggestions?

Dredo Bird 1162588
Posted
Posted

Start fs9 from disk (or iso disk) ,DURING launch press ctrl + shift till it starts .

Nice Flight ...

Antonio King 1085967
Posted
Posted
Start fs9 from disk (or iso disk) ,DURING launch press ctrl + shift till it starts .

Nice Flight ...

So I just did that after launching it from the desktop icon. Since it didn't work, I'm [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming that wasn't where I was supposed to launch it.

Was there an alternative method I should've tried?

Dredo Bird 1162588
Posted
Posted

Nice Flight ...

So I just did that after launching it from the desktop icon. Since it didn't work, I'm [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming that wasn't where I was supposed to launch it.

Was there an alternative method I should've tried?

Launch it from installaton disk (not from desktop) ,otherwise it won't work (it needs source disk(installation disk)). ,means

either 1: original disk ,put in cd-rom launch setup (don't setup) klick (RUN) as soon as you hit run hold ctrl + shift ., configuration won't be affected mutch.

2: if you have ISO (as a source for fs9 installation) just put( MOUNT) fs9 iso on any drive luaunch setop screen , and do as in 1

regards

Antonio King 1085967
Posted
Posted

FS9 has 4 discs. The disc FS9 runs on is Disc #4, and when Disc #4 is inserted there's no prompt or anything. Not sure how to launch it without selecting the desktop icon...

Dredo Bird 1162588
Posted
Posted

i'm sorry I didn't reply sooner , as was bussy,anyways :

now i have two questions for you.

1: your problem is that fs9 won't launch or won't launch in minimized screen so you can go

into it as it gives you black screen ,right.

2: If so then the solution as i decribed above , and the question is ,. HOW did you install fs9 ,

and thats the key, you start fs9 from instalation disk ,like if you want to install first time ,then when installation screen shows, you have one new option (RUN)

press it and hold ctrl + shift together ,untill complete launch .

regards

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

sounds like a bad dll issue. had that one a few years ago. make sure when you uninstall, you go back into your program files folder and completely delete the the flightsim folder. otherwise reinstalling is going to do absolutely nothing as the bad file was left behind and isnt being replaced when you try to reinstall

Dredo Bird 1162588
Posted
Posted

And if my method did not work ,or thats not what you wanted exactly.

and also had to (as you said) ,reinstalling and deleting root did not work .

dont get shocked, because because registry might be involved too., Well then,

you find a solution for registry ,or reinstall windows.

regards

Antonio King 1085967
Posted
Posted

It worked, Ernesto! I feel foolish because when I've had to do this before, I knew to delete the old program folder...

Garry Morris 920567
Posted
Posted

You tried renaming the fs9.cfg (is it fs9.cfg? been so long...) file and restarting the program without that file (program will auto-rebuild the cfg file) right?

Nevermind - glad it worked!

Fladimere Domeyn 1162799
Posted
Posted

I know thats waht i said Morris

it is a cfg file that resets settings of display and some otherthings .

but he didn't respond , and maybe he thinks i'm waiting for him

I hope he is not FUNNy ,. right , MORRIS

Garry Morris 920567
Posted
Posted

I'm afraid I don't understand what you're trying to say Mr. Domeyn.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

ignore, its banned user, hes gone bye bye, again

Garry Morris 920567
Posted
Posted

*shakes his keys in the direction of the door and goes back to lurking*