You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Window Mode Now Freezes

Antonio King 1085967

Antonio King 1085967
Posted
Posted

So after finally getting my system to retake the instillation process of FS9, window mode freezes. When I attempt to cycle through views, it freezes on cockpit view. Then, by minimizing and maximizing the window (sort of like "refreshing), the view that I selected will show up, however, it too will be frozen. The process is continuous from that point.

Before, I never had these issues with window mode. Here are my display settings if this helps any, although, just food for thought, I hadn't changed any of my settings when I didn't have issues before.

fssettings.jpg

Antonio King 1085967
Posted
Posted

Active Camera isn't installed as this is a fresh instillation. o.o

Antonio King 1085967
Posted
Posted

Anyone able to provide insight?

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

I don't claim to know the answer, so I will just suggest. Have you checked the common stuff like updated drivers, registry etc? Also, if you were using nHancer, maybe try turning it off and then if that works create a new profile. Did you also check to make sure your display settings in the H/W tab in FS9 were matching your screen resolution, and it was 32 bit and not 16 bit?

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Garry Morris 920567
Posted
Posted

Does it do this when you have a popup window open, such as the control windows for FSInn or the Squawkbox transponder control?

If so, slide the popup window down to the bottom of the screen - does the upper part of the screen now refresh and the part below the popup not refresh?