You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

[Sep. 5] CZQM Presents: Operation Yellow Ribbon Remembrance

Michael Avila 1077868

Michael Avila 1077868
Posted
Posted (edited)

yellowribbon.jpg

The Moncton FIR Invites You to come remember one of the most moments in NAVCanada History.

On September 11, 2001 as the FAA shut down the USA's airspace, Transport Canada opened the skies to 255 aircraft headed for the United States. Diversions in our airspace occured with CYHZ, CYQX, and CYYT the most.

On Sunday September 5 starting at 1800Z, we will honor the citizens of these cities with a Remembrance Event. We will have airlines from all over fly in. Come fly into CYHZ, CYQX or CYYT. The event will start at 1800Z (2:00pm EST). We hope to see you, we will have full ATC For You!

Any questions, send me a pm or email me at [email protected]

Edited by Guest
6078501976_546409509a_o.png

• 4 weeks later...
Michael Avila 1077868
Posted
Posted

Just a reminder this event is coming up, hope to see many.

Marc Wheeler
Posted
Posted

I will be there for sure!

CXA001-1.jpgspacer.png

VATSIM: P1|C3

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

What time does this event end please?

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Michael Avila 1077868
Posted
Posted

2200-2300Z

Robbie Nauffts 1045788
Posted
Posted

Am I safe in [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming that this is all pending Hurricane Earl? It looks like it could be a bad one and we may be getting a second Juan

BE4SQyR.jpg

“Aviation is not inherently dangerous, but it is terribly unforgiving.”

Michael Avila 1077868
Posted
Posted

Event is today at 1800Z (2pm EST) Thanks to all the Canadian VA's that are coming to support, unlike the American based VA's which just ignored our FIR

Orest Skrypuch
Posted
Posted

Michael,

Did you contact the "American" VAs directly? It might be a bit of a touchy subject I think. We have a policy that we don't officially support events that are tied to incidents, notwithstanding all the tremendous help and shelter provided by the good folks who opened up their hearts and homes, in Canada and elsewhere.

Now, I'm in an "American" VA, but my home airport is CYFD. Co-incidentally, our Dakota (PA28-236) was going to be flying into Halifax this weekend (RW), but it was canceled due to the weather of course.

* Orest

Orest Skrypuch

President & CEO, UVA
www.united-virtual.com

Michael Avila 1077868
Posted
Posted
Michael,

Did you contact the "American" VAs directly? It might be a bit of a touchy subject I think. We have a policy that we don't officially support events that are tied to incidents, notwithstanding all the tremendous help and shelter provided by the good folks who opened up their hearts and homes, in Canada and elsewhere.

Now, I'm in an "American" VA, but my home airport is CYFD. Co-incidentally, our Dakota (PA28-236) was going to be flying into Halifax this weekend (RW), but it was canceled due to the weather of course.

* Orest

This isn't the first time we've been ignored by some of these VA's. While we understand it may be touchy, the point of it was to celebrate how NAVCanada quickly helped - and to show how strong relations are between the 2 countries. It was not meant to disrespect. I mean, these VA's participated in the event in New York last year.

Orest Skrypuch
Posted
Posted

Understood. I was just speculating.

* Orest

Orest Skrypuch

President & CEO, UVA
www.united-virtual.com

Daniel Macfarlane 1033470
Posted
Posted
Michael,

* Orest

This event, literally has nothing to do with the people that have died. All that is related is that fact that these planes were flying into the United States airspace which was , unfortunately closed. NavCanada and people in the Maritimes came to rescue. This event not a touchy subject at all because this event is irrelevant to the people that died other then the airspace closer. Funny isn't it, I can see some American virtual airlines fly remembrance flights but I hear no one yelling at them?

Orest Skrypuch
Posted
Posted

I have no doubt that some VAs may indeed fly remembrance flights. I was just commenting that at UVA we do not, at least not officially.

Don't read too much into my comments, I was not criticizing at all. In fact, I was thinking of flying in myself to give you some traffic, don't know if it is too late in the day now ....

* Orest

Orest Skrypuch

President & CEO, UVA
www.united-virtual.com