You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Clint Wallis 1078533

Clint Wallis 1078533
Posted
Posted (edited)

Edited by Clint Wallis 1078533
Delete

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
Hi all just a quick question. I'm a UK division member but I got to browsing the VATUSA website forum and found a thread, I felt like replying to. However the website wouldn't allow me. The VATUSA website didn't recognise my CID for login. The forum login didn't either. So on the forum I registered using my CID and Vatsim p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word and was sent an email and clicked the link and was able to log into the forum. (not the websites front page just the forum)

However when I came to post in the specific thread I was looking at, it kicked me out saying I did not have rights to post.

I am aware that everyone can post in the Vatsim.net forum and that other members from other divisions are able to post on the Vatsim-UK forum.

Any reason why I can't post on the VATUSA forum??

Did you click on the link sent to you from VATUSA in email for verification?

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

http://www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

Larry, he said:

So on the forum I registered using my CID and Vatsim p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word and was sent an email and clicked the link and was able to log into the forum.

I suspect the VATUSA forum accounts AND permissions are closely tied with the VATUSA member database. You were able to register in the traditional way (directly with the forum), which, I suspect is something they forgot to disable when they configured this forum.

Their intention was to provide seamless integration with the VATUSA db for login and posting rights. That's probably why you're unable to do much with a 'native' login, there's no link to an account in the VATUSA db.

I would contact one of the VATUSA staff to see if that can be resolved for you.

Clint Wallis 1078533
Posted
Posted (edited)

Edited by Clint Wallis 1078533
Delete

Richard Ruminski
Posted
Posted

Clint,

Try again to post to the forum.

Ric Ruminski I1

VATUSA11

Communications Manager VATUSA

email: VATUSA11 (at) vatusa.net

• Clint Wallis 1078533 changed the title to .