You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

questions from a new user of xplane

Steven Eizenberg 946738

Steven Eizenberg 946738
Posted
Posted

I setup Tri-Citys Wa airport as my defalt airport to start the program in.

Question 1 Why is the airport surrounded by water and none of the normal land marks like the tower, pasinger terminal, hangers and so on are not showing when I look around the airport? Also when I take off from Tri-Cities I only see water and not the normal land marks in town around the airport?

#2 Why on the map it show the aircraft carrier USS Enterprize and a helacopter support ship about 10 miles West of the Tri-Cities airport. When the Pacific coast is almost a 2 day drive by car west of Tri-Cities? Accoring to that map those ships are sitting on dry land about 7 miles west of the Columbia river. And besides those ships would never beable to get past the dam's, bridges and so on to beable to get that far up the river.

#3 how do I connect xplane to the vatsim network?

#4 How do I sit in with an other pilot or an atc controler to watch.

I do have some real world experence as a student pilot and I complet ground school.

Steve

Graham Sanders 892576
Posted
Posted

Hi, It sounds to me that most of your problems can be solved very quickly. If you are only seeing water, then the scenery for that area is not installed. Try installing the scenery again.

To connect to Vatsim, you will need your id and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word first. Then you need to get the program xspwarkbox at www.xsquawkbox.net Follow the instructions, and you should be up and running in a few minutes. In answer to 4, In the notes section write that you are observing and choose an airport with ATC, but sit somewhere out of the way.

Graham