You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Saving METAR List & Squawk Interval

Gray Taylor 1041931

Gray Taylor 1041931
Posted
Posted

Euroscope is great, but there are two things I can't figure out.

A) How to get the airports in my METAR list to come back each and every time I load up my setup. Every time I open up ES, I have to repopulate the list with the F2 shortcut.

B) How I can get my squawk interval to stay put. My FIR's squawk range is 6701-6777, and every time I load up ES I have to change it. After a couple minutes of changing it, it reverts back to the range 0000-6701. Very strange bug.

All of my other settings save by using "save all settings..." or "save profile", but these two seem to never save.

CAF838_CF_124_A_4720_9_FCC_AF62_EFF8_ED4_E.png

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted
A) How to get the airports in my METAR list to come back each and every time I load up my setup. Every time I open up ES, I have to repopulate the list with the F2 shortcut.

The METAR shows up according to the active airfields. So when you select the active airports (runways) it automatically retrieves the METAR for you. So you want to save the active airports before closing so once you open it up again, the METARs will remain. Try it.

For letter B, I am not really sure with that. I think it has more to do with your profile or probably the .ese file itself?

Romano Lara
vACC Philippines, Manager - Training & Standards
04819c_4181f294a6c34b5aa4d8a82c0fb448c5~mv2.webp

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

As Romano said, the first problem, is solved by simply activate a airport and you will get the METAR for it.

The second problem is simple: it is a bug, but you can set the SQ ranges in the ESE file in the [POSITIONS]

Gray Taylor 1041931
Posted
Posted

Thanks guys.

When I went to set the active airports/runways, I encountered this: My airport selector is aaaaall jacked up.

airports.png

I at first figured this to be a formatting error in my sector file but after double checking a few times, my sector appears to be okay. Any idea whats causing this?

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Are you sure your sct/sct2 file is ok? Have you added the airport ICAO code in the runway line of the file?

[RUNWAY]

13L 31R 130 310 N047.26.43.520 E019.15.27.180 N047.25.22.620 E019.17.37.880 LHBP Ferihegy

Gray Taylor 1041931
Posted
Posted

Todor,

That did the trick. Thank you all for your excellent support.

Gray Taylor 1041931
Posted
Posted

One last question for you guys:

In the SIDS/STARs section of the .ESE file, can actual coordinates be substituted for waypoints in the sector file?

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted
One last question for you guys:

In the SIDS/STARs section of the .ESE file, can actual coordinates be substituted for waypoints in the sector file?

Nope, not yet, but you can set new points in the sct/sct2 file and use them in the SID/STAR

• 2 weeks later...
Gray Taylor 1041931
Posted
Posted

New question:

How exactly does Euroscope differentiate between "STBY" aircraft and "Ground" aircraft?

Neil Farrington
Posted
Posted
New question:

How exactly does Euroscope differentiate between "STBY" aircraft and "Ground" aircraft?

What do you mean? Are you talking about the blip being in the shape of an aircraft?

Neil Farrington

VATSIM UK

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

If you are using one of the ground radar modes, STBY aircraft is not relevant.

If using Easy Ground mode, all aircraft (with default tags) will show the full callsign and the aircraft type in the label.

If using Ground with S-mode radar, you will see the full callsign IF the aircraft is simulated to be Mode S equipped, otherwise you see only the airline code (first 3 characters of the callsign) plus aircraft type.

If using Ground without radar, you will always see the airline code plus aircraft type.

In all cases, the transponder mode and code selected by the pilot has no effect.

"Show squawk STBY aircraft" only takes effect in Radar simulation mode.

I hope that was what you were getting at. If not, please come back for more clarification.

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

Gray Taylor 1041931
Posted
Posted

Excellent. That answered my question.

Here is an issue I'm having:

I decided to put all of the SIDs and STARs into my ESE File. However, now that I've done that, ES [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igns them without my permission. For example, when I clear an aircraft direct to the MLY VOR, ES [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umes that I am clearing him for the MLY Transition onto the KEYNO1 (I have my SIDS/STARS formatted as MLY.KEYNO1, SAVEM.KEYNO1, etc.). When an aircraft departs one of my airports without an [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned SID, ES just [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igns him a default one in his data tag, despite it not appearing in his FP. If he is departing from MKJP without a SID, ES always shows him flying the ALKOL3, with MWCR, it's the REDBAY2. Is there any way I can stop ES from [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igning the aircraft SIDs and STARs without it being in their FP?

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

The whole purpose of ES [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igning STAR/SID is exactly that, to be auto [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned. If you selected again the SID/STAR (it could be a new one) that SID/STAR is inserted into his FP and everyone will see it. If not only people with your ese file will see the SID/STAR. If you [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign someone a direct departure, simple give him a "directto" and the SID/STAR will be omitted.

Gray Taylor 1041931
Posted
Posted

OK. Here is my question about that: Does ES select ALPHABETICALLY which SID it will [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign an aircraft which is not [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned one, or does it select the first to appear in the ESE file?

Neil Farrington
Posted
Posted

ES doesn't [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign a SID if there isn't one in the route of a flightplan. However, you can then go ahead and set one yourself, and it will also appear (to all controllers) in the route. (I think my latter sentence has already been said before).

Neil Farrington

VATSIM UK

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted
OK. Here is my question about that: Does ES select ALPHABETICALLY which SID it will [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign an aircraft which is not [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned one, or does it select the first to appear in the ESE file?

It [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igns the first SID/STAR it find matching from the see file.

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

If more than one SID/STAR matches then the first in the list will be used. So the order you define them in the ESE file is important.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Gray Taylor 1041931
Posted
Posted
If more than one SID/STAR matches then the first in the list will be used. So the order you define them in the ESE file is important.

Excellent. This helps quite a bit.

Here is another question:

Is there any way to get the ground speed in the datablocks to be displayed in two digits? I am not seeing a way in the TAG editor.

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Try the "Two letter ground speed" TAG item.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Gray Taylor 1041931
Posted
Posted

Thanks a lot Gergely.

In the real world, the Raytheon Autotrac system uses "VSA" and "CFF" to denote an aircraft cleared for a visual approach or an instrument approach, respectively. Is there any way in ES or through a plugin to replace the // and upside down T signs with our own symbols?

Juha Holopainen
Posted
Posted

From within ES, no. To change what's displayed you have to either modify the symbols in the font file (EuroScope.ttf) or write a plugin to display whatever you want.