You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VRC and 7

Matthew Spencer

Matthew Spencer
Posted
Posted

For some reason if I tab out of VRC in 7, say, to open up a Firefox window, the sounds stop dead in their tracks and I have to tab back to hear anything (Delayed), and rarely, if ever, get voices.

It seems intermittent. Could it be something to do with UAC and admin privs? It happened a few minutes ago, and also happened the other day.

I hear everything fine if it's the only active window, but for example, this morning, a popup VFR was trying to call me for a few minutes while I was happily reading training logs, my email, and responding to some correspondence. Tabbed back, heard a few clicks, then suddenly I saw all the messages!

I guess I'll try turning off UAC for a bit and see if that fixes it.

Regards,

Matthew Spencer (SP)

vZBW Training Administrator emeritus

1088911.png

Tomas Hansson
Posted
Posted

Make sure to run VRC in Admin mode. That will fix the sound issues as well as allowing you to save the config files. You shouldn't have to turn off UAC as long as you check the "Run as Administrator" checkbox in VRC's properties.

Tomas Hansson

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted

keep in mind also that a couple random sounds might not trigger in Windows 7 for example i don't here the flight strip drop into the bay or when i get a text radio message.

Richard Gerrish

Developer, STM Applications Group