You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Have you ever tried this ? VATSIM flying

Andrzej Borysewicz

Andrzej Borysewicz
Posted
Posted

Hello,

My name is Andrzej.

I am X-Plane user and dedicated VATSIM pilot.

Just in case someone was not familiar with VATSIM.....

It is not a VATSIM competition, it is the opposite, I want to attract more people flying on VATSIM

VATSIM is international on-line flying community where Air Traffic Controllers are real people and you fly using real weather.

I believe that this is the closest one can get as far as simulating real life flying.

Since getting started flying on VATSIM is not very easy because of very extensive learning material posted on their website,

I decided to help many people like me who want so bad to try this great experience but give up after looking at the learning material.

Believe it or not , I also gave up, I connected to VATSIM, I was totally lost, did not know what to do and what to say....I just sat there

for a while overwhelmed with phraseology and pilots interactions with Air Traffic Controllers and ...I disconnected.

But since you get bitten by a VATSIM bug, you can not just give up ... few weeks later I have tried again.

This time I have read most of the learning material and my head was spinning but I had to try again.

I did and things started clear out , what I have heard and seen started making a logical picture.

I was still making terrible mistakes, crashed few times, getting a bad headache and skyrocketing my blood pressure ..LOL but things

started being fun.

The reason I am saying that is to help people who does not even know how great on-line flying can be and to provide them with simple way to get started without

all the stress and headaches.

Click on the link to the web page I have created just for that purpose and see for yourself.

http://groups.google.com/group/arb-x-plane-vatsim-center

I would recommend joining a Virtual Airline.

It helps a lot to be a part of the community with the same interests always willing to help. Give it a try http://www.airnorthwest.org/pilotapp.asp

Good luck and see you soon on VATSIM.

Andrzej

Andrzej Borysewicz
Posted
Posted

Hello Peter,

Thank you very much for reply.

It think that not all information was incorrect, I based it on the article

from ZLA from CAX VA which should be pretty reliable source.

I will include some of your explanation on the website but I also want to keep it short and clear.

I would like to contact you but I could not use PM to respond.

It says that could not find user, I do not understand why.

I was trying several times with no success.

Have a good day.

Andrzej