You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can't set an axis for rudder trim? (FS9)

Aaron Williamson 1020371

Aaron Williamson 1020371
Posted
Posted

I have a couple rotaries on my X52 that I would really like to be able to set up as trim for elevator or rudder, but it seems there is no default way to set a joystick axis for rudder trim which is very bothersome, I was going to set up bands on my rotation but it seems I can't find the X52 SST for download.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

when you go to calibrate it, does it pick up the twist axis (or whatever axis it is you are trying to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign)?

Aaron Williamson 1020371
Posted
Posted

No no no, I can set rudder fine (through this twist axis is annoying for anything outside of combat flight, I need to look into getting foot petals), it's TRIMMING the rudder that I want on the dial.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

what axis is it you are trying to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign for the trim, and does your calibration pick up this axis?

if you mean [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igning a button on the joystick, you can do this from the key commands. double click on the one you want to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign a button to, push the button and it will pick it up

Aaron Williamson 1020371
Posted
Posted

The problem is that there is no joystick axis [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignment tab for rudder trim... Only key [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignment

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

for the rudder trim, if its not a button you want to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign, but a knob, slider, or something like that. you may need to get an addon, like the registered version of FSUIPC, which will let you tie a key command to an axis. that way youll be able to use that axis and it will do it.

not sure of any freeware ones thatll do it, but the registered version FSUIPC will

the important thing is to make sure FS recognizes that axis. if you can [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign it to something else, then you know its being recognized. if you cant, then even using FSUIPC wont work as its not being recognized as an axis.

if the controller has its own software, you may even be able to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign it from there without fsuipc.