You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Connection problems

Jameson Hartel 1166968

Jameson Hartel 1166968
Posted
Posted

I have successfully installed xsqawkbox on my version of xplane 9, I then start it up through the plugins tab > xsqawkbox > then entering correct information and then connecting to a server. This part works completely fine. Then I attempt to communicate to other users who may be connected but fail. I check to see who is connected and it shows that no one is connected, I try to radio the air traffic control tower but nothing. I have allowed xplane through my firewall and forwarded 3290 udp and 6809 tcp but still nothing. Woud anyone be able to help with this??

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

Is there a controller online where you're trying to communicate?

Have you tuned your Com1 radio to their frequency?

Does you mic work when you test it in the Audio Setup dialog?

Does your mic work in other applications?

Jameson Hartel 1166968
Posted
Posted

Yer sorry this was my first time with vatsim, I guess I hadn't realized that it isn't really practical for vatsim to have a controller in every single airport. After using one of the many programs to find a location with atc coverage I started off at JFK airport and got many controllers at that location. Well thanks for responding at least.

• 3 months later...
Misha Camp 1173649
Posted
Posted
I have successfully installed xsqawkbox on my version of xplane 9, I then start it up through the plugins tab > xsqawkbox > then entering correct information and then connecting to a server. This part works completely fine. Then I attempt to communicate to other users who may be connected but fail. I check to see who is connected and it shows that no one is connected, I try to radio the air traffic control tower but nothing. I have allowed xplane through my firewall and forwarded 3290 udp and 6809 tcp but still nothing. Woud anyone be able to help with this??

I get the same problems ( i Think If I have enterd the correct information ). Really Annoying

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

I get the same problems ( i Think If I have enterd the correct information ). Really Annoying

So you know there's a controller online at the airport? Generally, if there's nobody showing in the "Who's Online" window, there's nobody online within range.

• 3 weeks later...
Brendan Lynch 1167842
Posted
Posted

I believe the default keyboard shortcut for "Who's Online" is numpad clr, though I may be wrong.

2vuh2cx.gif