You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

UK Forum Account Suspended...

Gareth Williams 840232

Gareth Williams 840232
Posted
Posted

Since the loss of my surname in my VATSIM-UK forum account I received this morning the following message when trying to access the site:

[#1000B] Your forum account has been suspended. This may be due to your main VATSIM account being suspended (temporarily or otherwise) or because of a disciplinary procedure enforced by VATSIM-UK staff. For further information, please contact the Web services team at either webmaster][at][vatsim-uk.co.uk or deputy.webmaster][at][vatsim-uk.co.uk.

Anyone else?

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

You are not alone Gareth. I get it too.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

• Board of Governors
Gunnar Lindahl
Posted
Posted

Are you still getting this issue? I can log in fine at the moment.

GUNNAR LINDAHL 
## [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Works now - thanks Gunnar!

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Dave James 1018738
Posted
Posted
Since the loss of my surname in my VATSIM-UK forum account I received this morning the following message when trying to access the site:

[#1000B] Your forum account has been suspended. This may be due to your main VATSIM account being suspended (temporarily or otherwise) or because of a disciplinary procedure enforced by VATSIM-UK staff. For further information, please contact the Web services team at either webmaster][at][vatsim-uk.co.uk or deputy.webmaster][at][vatsim-uk.co.uk.

Anyone else?

All ok here Gareth.

David James

VATSIM Screenshot Contest Coordinator

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.4gig, RAM 3.25gig, ATI Radeon HD4800, XP Pro SP3, FS9.1 FSnav FSinn VRC

EXS_3.jpg

Gareth Williams 840232
Posted
Posted

All good now Gunnar.

Thanks guys,

Gareth

Gareth Williams 840232
Posted
Posted

Aaaaand....

Same thing happening again this morning.

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

this is just a glitch it will sort itself in due course

wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

• 2 weeks later...
Bill Anderson 1042260
Posted
Posted

So not to start a new topic but having problems connecting on the UK site, is this a glitch again tnx for reading

Bill A.

• Board of Governors
Gunnar Lindahl
Posted
Posted

As far as we're aware, this issue has now been fixed and should not happen again.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

GUNNAR LINDAHL 
## [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

Billy Murphy 986219
Posted
Posted

I get that message too. I'm sure it's because I'm banned but it was very unprofessional of the division that I didn't get an e-mail.

Sebastian Ayling 1020740
Posted
Posted
I get that message too. I'm sure it's because I'm banned but it was very unprofessional of the division that I didn't get an e-mail.

Goes for me as well. Had it for a while. I'm sure, like Billy has mentioned, if I had done anything to get banned the division's DCRM would have sent out an email. Am right?

Sebastian Ayling - 1020740

xze7q.jpg

Martin Bergin 931070
Posted
Posted

Goes for me as well. Had it for a while. I'm sure, like Billy has mentioned, if I had done anything to get banned the division's DCRM would have sent out an email. Am right?

Is broke. Simple as.

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted

Some of you guys might have some type of stored up cache that's showing up in your browser. Install and use a different browser that doesn't have the cache or use your browser's option to empty the cache. Then you should see the site as it is today.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

Billy Murphy 986219
Posted
Posted

Is broke. Simple as.

As I said, I know I'm banned. Simple as.

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted

Anyone else?

Yep, me too. I contacted the webmaster (Anthony Lawrence) and he suggested that it this would happen if my email address as used on VATSIM-UK was different from that used on VATSIM…

I can't check that of course, since I don't have access…

I asked Anthony to check my email addy on the site, and pointed out that I've been using VATSIM-UK recently with no problems. I asked if the software had changed recently, and await a response.

Re. Larry's suggestion, I used a browser I have never used before on VATSIM and got the same error. So, not a cache issue.

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted

Anyone else?

Yep, me too. I contacted the webmaster (Anthony Lawrence) and he suggested that it this would happen if my email address as used on VATSIM-UK was different from that used on VATSIM…

I can't check that of course, since I don't have access…

I asked Anthony to check my email addy on the site, and pointed out that I've been using VATSIM-UK recently with no problems. I asked if the software had changed recently, and await a response.

Re. Larry's suggestion, I used a browser I have never used before on VATSIM and got the same error. So, not a cache issue.

Do you get that prompt before attempting to log in? Do you get it just by clicking on the Web site?

I don't have an account on the UK site, but I visit from time to time and read the forums. I got the error the same time everyone else was getting the error, then when it was reported fixed the error was gone.

You might consider using the suggestion from Alistair to see if there's some type of ban particularly on you, if it's not I have other suggestions for you to test. But it might be rude on mine and your part to try to get around an intentional block.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted
Do you get that prompt before attempting to log in? Do you get it just by clicking on the Web site?
No, only when I attempt to login.

I don't have an account on the UK site, but I visit from time to time and read the forums. I got the error the same time everyone else was getting the error, then when it was reported fixed the error was gone.

Fixed here too. Anthony said it took a while to "catch up with itself".

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted

I apperently "got banned" yesterday, still not working, not like I live or die with that account though. I just like to read in on the forums (have like 3 posts ).

Johan Grauers

Event Coordinator - vACC Scandinavia

Tom Cahill 1078008
Posted
Posted

had this problem since about last Thursday, Any help? I was just gonna wait to see if it dissapeared, but I can't even sign out to read the forums.

8751.png

Anthony Lawrence
Posted
Posted

Since it's very rare I pop into this forum, it's advisable that people follow the error message they were given and contacted either myself or Chris

Tom, your account has been suspended because your email address doesn't match the one you registered on VATSIM with. Once you've fixed it, you can contact either Phil ([email protected]), Chris or Me to have your email address changed on our end so your account can be unbanned.

Johan,

Your account is active.

Regards,

Anthony

Shane Lorigan 1080266
Posted
Posted

Hi guys same problem for my account, but it's the same problem as above i gave ye my new email... any idea how to change it at this end..

Shane

Helicopters All the way

10398.png

Fly Shannon

Proud Eiresim Customer

Phillip Speer
Posted
Posted

Hi Shane,

If you want to change your VATSIM registered email address. Go to Member Services and select the relevant link on the lefthand side.

Phillip

VATSIM UK Divisional Instructor

Dave James 1018738
Posted
Posted

Related,

If at any future stage a member was to change email address on the Member Services page, would this then automatically filter down to the UK forum ?

For example, if I were to change ISP's in two months time.

Thanks

David James

VATSIM Screenshot Contest Coordinator

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.4gig, RAM 3.25gig, ATI Radeon HD4800, XP Pro SP3, FS9.1 FSnav FSinn VRC

EXS_3.jpg

Anthony Lawrence
Posted
Posted
Related,

If at any future stage a member was to change email address on the Member Services page, would this then automatically filter down to the UK forum ?

For example, if I were to change ISP's in two months time.

Thanks

Sadly this would only be applicable for UK member's since we're not allowed to be privy to the information of those not in "our" division.

You are however given anything up to 48 hours grace; as the forum only checks every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Regards,

A...