You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

[Feature request] Differentiate chat from ATC/Obs/Pil/...

Jonas Eberle

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

I guess the title say it all.

I suggest being able to differentiate between different chat/message cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es by Font Size/Color.

Adding a separate point under General Settings->Chat handlers could also be useful to differentiate the messages by logic.

It shall help to reduce clutter and help focus on important messages. As CTR, I easily get 10 chats open in 1 hour.

To the available chat/message cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es, I suggest dividing private messages into active ATC [Facility Type <> OBS] / Pilot / OBS

PS: On a sidenote, I would be happy to have .busy / .busyall command available that would differentiate Pilots+OBS / All exc. SUP messages

Martin Loxbo
Posted
Posted
PS: On a sidenote, I would be happy to have .busy / .busyall command available that would differentiate Pilots+OBS / All exc. SUP messages

On a side note to that, sending "busy" messages towards other controllers is not really advisable, as your fellow controllers must always be able to coordinate with you. (If you use voice for all your coordination it's of course not a problem.)

Martin Loxbo

Director Sweden FIR

VATSIM Scandinavia

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

On a side note to that, sending "busy" messages towards other controllers is not really advisable, as your fellow controllers must always be able to coordinate with you. (If you use voice for all your coordination it's of course not a problem.)

This is exactly what I want to solve with this side-note. Ever tried .busy at is is now? It is different from VRC and sends "busy" to everybody contacting you.

Martin Loxbo
Posted
Posted

I never tried it in VRC but I've noticed in ES that's impossible to contact a fellow controller if he's "busy" - I just [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umed ES worked the same way as VRC.

Martin Loxbo

Director Sweden FIR

VATSIM Scandinavia

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

Does the text override work in ES? In VRC you can enter a text message beginning with 3 asterisks (***) to create a private chat message that appears in red with a distinctive sound. It's not clear whether this overrides that controller's busy status (in VRC).

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted
Does the text override work in ES? In VRC you can enter a text message beginning with 3 asterisks (***) to create a private chat message that appears in red with a distinctive sound. It's not clear whether this overrides that controller's busy status (in VRC).

No it doesn't, as soon as you put a * in it sends the message for some weird reason

Would be good if this could be fixed

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

No it doesn't, as soon as you put a * in it sends the message for some weird reason

By default * is set as primery frequently send key, have you tried to change it and then test?

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

By default * is set as primery frequently send key, have you tried to change it and then test?

Ok well the *** over ride works from ES to VRC users

But a ES user cannot be Text overridden by the use of *** method

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

That's what I thought. Thanks for that testing Kirk, sorry I didn't quite get round to doing it myself

I support this feature request to differentiate /busy and /busyall as well as a text override in red.

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK