You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New VATeir (Irish VACC) website launched!

Michael Reilly 886102

Michael Reilly 886102
Posted
Posted

Hello all,

It gives me great pleasure to announce that the new VATeir (Irish VACC) website that has been under construction for months, is now officially open.

This website boasts features that have never before been implemented at VATeir, and many features that have also not been implemented on other VACC websites.

The following list shows the features available to pilots that the new site has;

-Online Controllers and Pilots list on homepage (any VATeir controllers online or flights in our FIR will display). You can then get information on the online pilots such as altitude, speed etc. The latest METARs for the 4 main airports in Ireland will also appear

-Pilot Downloads – various downloads for pilots to do with the Irish region. This page will be updated with any new downloads, however at the moment there is a Servinfo modder that adds missing Irish airports to the program, and an Irish dictionary for those that want to learn a bit of Irish!

-Routes database – A comprehensive routes database (courtesy of Euroute) is available for pilots

-Feedback Form – A feedback form has been created so we can find out how well our controllers are performing. If you fly under a control, we would ask that if you have time to fill out the feedback form.

-Controller Roster – Our controller roster has a feature that most VACCs do not have… by clicking the name of the controller, you will be able to access their profile. This way you can get to know who’s on the other side of your screen!

-M[Mod - Happy Thoughts] wealth of information – For those of you who visited the previous VATeir site, you will know how un-updated it was, with very little information. The new website contains all the information you will ever need flying within Ireland (IFR or VFR). Simply go to Airfield Data and select your airport to get all the procedures.

-FORUM – We now have our own forum on the website. Our previous forum was hosted by IFSD (http://www.ifsd.ie) so Id just like to extend my thanks to the lads there for hosting us for the past few years! Be sure to register on the forum, and join the friendly atmosphere!

On top of the new website, we have also implemented new procedures at VATeir, which coincide with real world procedures. These new procedures are mostly concerning the opening of new Approach positions at Dublin (EIDW) so we’d ask that you review the Dublin page of the website before flying.

We have also divided our controlling staff into 4 divisions (Regional, Shannon, Cork and Dublin), all of which have special training programs to ensure you get top-quality Air Traffic Control which ever part of the country you decide to fly.

Finally, I would like to thank everybody who helped me in some way or another with the website. There are quite a few people, but you know who you are, so I wont list them

I hope you all enjoy the new website, a lot of hard work as gone into it, and hopefully we will see you on our scopes in the near future.

Enjoy: http://www.vateir.com

Kind Regards,

Daryl Reilly

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]istant Director VATeir

VATSIM Supervisor

VATEIR C3

Thomas George 827476
Posted
Posted

A very nice, clean website Daryll... great work!

Thomas George

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

Excellent design i love the pilot information section and the pilot online shoutout boxes very clever scripting.

Only problem before I could click on the link for charts in the cockpit addon it dissappeared and I cant find it again.

I do think you should put the announcement of the web in the general discussion forum so others can see how it should be done in terms of website design.

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

Martin Leat 860888
Posted
Posted

Nice one Guys - One to be proud of!

Martin Leat

Luca Vetturi 874351
Posted
Posted

very nice job Daryl

Red over white, you're all right.

Italy vACC proud supporter

James O Grady 904153
Posted
Posted
I do think you should put the announcement of the web in the general discussion forum so others can see how it should be done in terms of website design.

Its already been posted by John Coughlan, Director of VATeir, in the General Discussion forum as seen here: http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=5501&sid=30e3f27b059d31ae08ea6fcce41cf58f

Michael Reilly 886102
Posted
Posted

Hi guys,

Thanks for the compliments! Glad you like it!

Daryl

VATSIM Supervisor

VATEIR C3

Andrew Steinberg 939662
Posted
Posted

Where's the pot of gold?

Andrew Steinberg

C-1, VATUSA

userbar230662ff.gif

Miles Saunders 881302
Posted
Posted
Where's the pot of gold?

Urm... lol???

VATeir Shannon ACC Chief

2780.png

• 3 weeks later...
Stephen Murphy 912359
Posted
Posted

Miles, have you never heard of Rainbows, pots of gold, the Irish and Leprechauns?

Stephen Murphy - VATeir Director

dublinatcc1vj5.jpg

Geoff Dodds 895559
Posted
Posted

nice website, must say it really looks professional