You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VRC clock display problem in windows XP

Sheng Liu 1162604

Sheng Liu 1162604
Posted
Posted

Hum.........i cannot see the reminder lights which are on the topleft and the clock which should be above the callsign, but i can see my callsign. All the settings are correct.

I am using a laptop with windows XP SP3

However, this problem does not exist in win7.

Who can tell me why and how to solve it? Otherwise i have to stop my ATC study because of this problem.

Many thanks

Sheng Liu

Arjun Murthy 1051343
Posted
Posted

Go to Settings ---> General ---> Button Bar ---> and enable "Show Reminders Button" button and then click ok. That shoudl bring it up. If you can see your callsign but not the clock, check that your computers time and timezone is set correctly.

Arjun

Tomas Hansson
Posted
Posted

Sounds like a video driver issue that often shows up on laptops. See the post right above this one for how to fix it.

Tomas Hansson

Sheng Liu 1162604
Posted
Posted
Go to Settings ---> General ---> Button Bar ---> and enable "Show Reminders Button" button and then click ok. That shoudl bring it up. If you can see your callsign but not the clock, check that your computers time and timezone is set correctly.

Arjun

Oh....it didn't work. Which timezone should be selected for displaying properly?Everytime i changed the setting, VRC said "Error loaing alias file!"

Many thanks!

Sheng Liu 1162604
Posted
Posted
Sounds like a video driver issue that often shows up on laptops. See the post right above this one for how to fix it.

The problem has been solved! Thank you very very much!