You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Freeze every 5-6 minutes?

Phillip Kurus

Phillip Kurus
Posted
Posted (edited)

[EDIT]

Not an XSB issue. See below.

Edited by Guest

Jordan Krushen 1135174
Posted
Posted
Every 5 or 6 minutes, XP's visuals will freeze for about 3 seconds. Mouse pointer goes beachball. Aircraft-generated audio remains audible. VATSIM ATC audio does not. FPS can be anywhere (i.e., it's not a low-FPS-related issue).

This happens on the ground as well as in the air.

My freezes are much shorter than 3 seconds and don't beachball for me (due to the shorter time), but it sounds like weather updates. Do the clouds look different after each hiccup?

8942.png

Phillip Kurus
Posted
Posted (edited)

[EDIT]

Edited by Guest

Jordan Krushen 1135174
Posted
Posted
Your freezes are definitely coincident with the weather updates?

I wouldn't call them freezes, just momentary stutters. And yeah, definitely weather for me, at least—the wind and clouds change when it happens, [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming that there are actually clouds to be seen. Just checked my weather update frequency, and it seems to match the frequency of my stutters.

It's possible that settings involving higher weather fidelity (like higher graphics settings) could take longer to process before returning. Does lowering your graphics settings decrease the duration of the freezes?

Not sure for your case, though; Wade will definitely be the guy to answer affirmatively. He's on holiday currently, though, so patience will help

8942.png

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

I used to get freezes whenever a user acft came within range, not necessary visual, but to the point where XPlane would have to draw it up for me to show in TCAS or in outside view. I can't say weather caused much freezes, but they did affect a bit. When going to an event and you reach the terminal area of the event airport, notable stutters to freezing but then it was fine!!

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Phillip Kurus
Posted
Posted

Not an XSB issue after all.

Saitek panels plug-in.

Sigh. Somehow I managed to miss the fact that it was still in the Plugins folder.

Bedtime.