You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Chicago sector files for VRC

Bryan Peabody 1170796

Bryan Peabody 1170796
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

I'm fairly new so I might be overlooking this. But as I'm going through the steps to setup VRC, I can't locate the sector files it mentions for zau. Could someone in the know point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Bryan

John Cierpial 1008209
Posted
Posted

Bryan,

Our VRC Sector Files can be found here: http://www.zauartcc.org/forum/index.php?board=21.0

In order to access that board, you need to register for the forums. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] instead of posting here.

Regards,

Joe

CTP Planning Team Member

Bryan Peabody 1170796
Posted
Posted

Thanks Joe.

• 4 weeks later...
Andrew Miller 873677
Posted
Posted

Why do we have to become a member of the board, get approval to become a member, then login to the board to download the sector files? Why not just post them on the website?

Andrew Miller

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

some ARTCC/FIR's have p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word protected their sector files. normally its just due to prevent folks from taking them and doing god knows what with it. there was a situation not too long ago of someone going around and taking those, then trying to actually market them as payware

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted
there was a situation not too long ago of someone going around and taking those, then trying to actually market them as payware

Ohh, the memories.

Rahul Parkar
Posted
Posted

The Joys of the Interwebs... ... At least he's given up now, the old website where he was doing it is completely gone...

Rahul

Rahul Parkar

"On second thoughts Nappa, catch it, catch it with your teeth" -- Vegeta

Professional Nerd. (Professionally not professional)

Matthew Spencer
Posted
Posted
some ARTCC/FIR's have p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word protected their sector files. normally its just due to prevent folks from taking them and doing god knows what with it. there was a situation not too long ago of someone going around and taking those, then trying to actually market them as payware

Isn't it policy that all sector files must be freely available in a public place? At least I recall hearing that a few months ago.

Regards,

Matthew Spencer (SP)

vZBW Training Administrator emeritus

1088911.png

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

Isn't it policy that all sector files must be freely available in a public place? At least I recall hearing that a few months ago.

No.

It was actually the previous VATSIM President (or was it DK?) that notified everyone to protect their sector files for the reasons stated by Ernesto.

Romano Lara
vACC Philippines, Manager - Training & Standards
04819c_4181f294a6c34b5aa4d8a82c0fb448c5~mv2.webp