You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Unable to select speaker/headset on freq

Brian Freeman 1137283

Brian Freeman 1137283
Posted
Posted

Hello all,

As far as I know, nothing has been changed since I last successfully used VRC, but for some reason, when I log into tower, select my primary frequency, then select headset, it selects it for a fraction of a second and then goes back to text only. All the frequency and vox server information is correct. I'm running Windows 7 and VRC is in admin mode. This happens to different towers on different frequencies in the airspace and any other voice server operations. If you need more info, please ask and I will be happy to provide! Thanks in advance!

generate-signature.php?login=SWA1460

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

double check you dont have another channel with the same info

the only times ive had this happen was with having duplicate channels in the com window.

Brian Freeman 1137283
Posted
Posted

I cleared all other frequencies in the comms panel to double check this, but it seems I still have the problem, even after saving and restarting VRC and the computer. That was an excellent suggestion, though, Ernesto. I thought we had it!

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

hmmm.

are you receiving any errors? like "could not initialize voice engine" or anything like that

Brian Freeman 1137283
Posted
Posted

No. No errors at all.

Brian Freeman 1137283
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately, I have work early tomorrow, but I will give this a shot when I come home in the afternoon. I sincerely appreciate your help so far, Ernesto!

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

np. make sure to come back and let us know afterwords if that did it or not.

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted

I've had this happen before. Double check the vox server. It only disconnects for me when I mistype/typo the vox server and it fails to connect.

Brian Freeman 1137283
Posted
Posted

Daniel was right. It looks like it was a vox server issue. I changed the server and I could connect just fine. Thank you very much for all your help, gentleman! Now, to control!