You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Default location of ES logfile

Jens Leo Iversen 1155061

Jens Leo Iversen 1155061
Posted
Posted

When I open the Connect dialog in ES, the default value displayed in the Lofgfile field at the bottom of the dialog is c:\EuroScope20101113.txt

I want to change this default value but I can't find it anywhere in the textfiles. Is it hardcoded?

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

No it is not, simply save and load a log file in the folder you want and it will remember it.

Jens Leo Iversen 1155061
Posted
Posted

Sorry, it does not work.

How can ES remember the previous path of the logfile (from my previous login), when the path it is not stored in any of the ES files?

I try OTHER SET --> Save all settings, and "Save" all changes at exit, but nomatter what I do this always comes up in the Connect dialog box:

Logfile c:\EuroScope20101114.txt

Then I have to browse again....

I am logged in as *_OBS while I am trying this. Do I need to log in as *_TWR?

Jens

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Why do you think they have to be saved in a ES file to work??

Open Control Panel-> Performance and Maintenance->System->Environment Variables->ES_LOG_FOLDER and edit it to the place you want .

Jens Leo Iversen 1155061
Posted
Posted

There was no environment variable ES_LOG_FOLDER, but I created it and now it works perfectly.

Thanks!

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted
No it is not, simply save and load a log file in the folder you want and it will remember it.

Does this mean the new version works like this? That would be good!

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

Jens Leo Iversen 1155061
Posted
Posted

I downloaded version 3.1d and installed it according to the published docomeentation. The environment variable was not there after the installation, so I had to create the environamnt variable manually. But once it was created, ES remembers the path and automatically creates a new logfile in the same folder every time the date changes. You can also edit the filename manually if you like.