You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

connecting mic headset to vatsim ?

James Meikle 1175663

James Meikle 1175663
Posted
Posted

Hi all, just wondering how to setup my headset with vatsim so I can hear everyone. not sure how,I have been trying in the fsinn control panel but no joy In the "fsfdt control panel"under voice,vatsim, enable vatsim voice on this computer,it's telling me "vatsim not connected/ engine off/ not operational"

I do have "team speak" if anyone out there has any ip addresses ,that would be great if not I live in east North America region. so how would I get an address for this region for vatsim?

Thx James p

i7 330 / Asus p6t Deluxe v2 / 6 Gigs OCZ DDR3 / GTX 470 1200mb / Vista 64 / rex / Ground Enviourment X

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted
"vatsim not connected/ engine off/ not operational"

are you connected to the network? youll get that if you arent

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
Hi all, just wondering how to setup my headset with vatsim so I can hear everyone. not sure how,I have been trying in the fsinn control panel but no joy In the "fsfdt control panel"under voice,vatsim, enable vatsim voice on this computer,it's telling me "vatsim not connected/ engine off/ not operational"

I do have "team speak" if anyone out there has any ip addresses ,that would be great if not I live in east North America region. so how would I get an address for this region for vatsim?

Thx James p

Hi, James. This is a matter of configuring the pilot client. You have this question already opened in the pilot client support area (FSInn Help). You can find the threads you've started by clicking on the link above that says "View your posts".

The resolution is provided there. Let us know if you have any problems with the provided steps.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

James Meikle 1175663
Posted
Posted

Thank you again Larry! I have it all up an running, I just have to do a lot of reading and just get right into it

Tnx,James!

i7 330 / Asus p6t Deluxe v2 / 6 Gigs OCZ DDR3 / GTX 470 1200mb / Vista 64 / rex / Ground Enviourment X