You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Kind inquiry About Controller Coverage Please

Aharon Dayan

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

I am wondering which New Zealand airport tower and its controllers is responsible for covering NZDN, please? Would it be NZCH controllers?

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Trent Stevens 1028473
Posted
Posted

Going by information on the VATNZ site under Airspace Reference (http://www.vatnz.net/cms/index.php?option=com_vatnzairspace&Itemid=52) Dunedin (NZDN) has its own tower and has centre coverage from Christchurch Control- South sector (NZCH-S_CTR).

I'll post in the VATNZ forums directing them here to correct me if I'm wrong.

Nick Johnston
Posted
Posted

Trent is correct.

For more information on Dunedin, including charts and ATC position info, check out: http://www.vatnz.net/airport/nzdn

Nick Johnston

IT Director, VATNZ - VATSIM New Zealand
Cross the Ditch Guy, Cross the Ditch

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Thanks all for replies!! I am afraid I should have asked a better question considering the fact I know that NZDN has its own vatsim controllers.

What I mean is who will be covering NZDN if this airport's controllers are not on online duty so that I can contact appropriate controllers for IRF clearance and for taxi and take off clearance. I am guessing that NZCH controllers will be covering NZDN if the NZDN controllers are not online??

If my guess is correct, will NZCH CTR be the person I contact for IRF, taxi, and take off clearances from NZDN?

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

After reading New Zealand Vatsim website using provided links, I am guessing NZCH South Center is covering NZDN if the latter airport has no controllers on duty.

Right?

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

David Walsh 811659
Posted
Posted

Hi Aharon,

You are correct, NZCH-S_CTR (Christchurch Control - South Sector) would cover NZDN when there is no Tower.

However, sometimes our controllers working other _CTR positions may extend to cover NZCH-S_CTR so if you see somebody working _CTR, just check their Controller Info to see if they are extending coverage.

Hope that helps

Look forward to seeing you in the VATNZ skies.

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Shalom David,

Thanks for reply!! I participated in tonight's 24 hour New Zealand Vatsim event by flying from NZDN to NZAA.

I will post screenshots of that flight soon on Vatsim screenshot forum to thank all New Zealand controllers for the great event!!

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png