You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

bug report - sqk code on ground

Pavel Brodsky

Pavel Brodsky
Posted
Posted

Dear Sirs,

I today observed a small bug (I guess). I have an .asr configuration file called GND. Other settings - display settings: Simulation mode Ground with S-mode radar. Other settings - General settings: correlation mode C mode. On the ground I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igh a sqk to an aircraft using deparature list. The sqk is yellow in dep list, because it is different from the actual sqk of the A/C. But when the A/C sets this sqk, it still remaint yellow. Even if I click on this A/C, I see in status bar flight rules (I): actual sqk (1200 which is default) and in brackets my [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned sqk. Even if the aircraft has already set its sqk! As soon as this plane takes off and I see him on my second monitor with .asr APP (display settings - simulation mode RADAR), I see it properly, in status bar only actual sqk which is equal to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned one. So as GND controller I have no chance to check if the pilot set his sqk properly. If controlling APP, I see it normally.

Pavel Brodsky

VACC-CZ

Pavel Brodsky

VACC-CZ

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Did the pilot switch to C mode while on ground? Do you have a radar holes over the airport with some altitude constrains?

Pavel Brodsky
Posted
Posted

No, we use sqk mode stdby on the ground in LKPR. Does the pilot need to switch sqk on to allow me to see his code? And about radar holes - no, I have no holes defined.

Thank you for helping

PB

Pavel Brodsky

VACC-CZ

Ervins Reinverts
Posted
Posted

I am not aware of particular procedures at LKPR, but it is pretty common to sq mode C when at holding point or entering runway.

Some larger airports require pilots to turn it on as soon as they start taxi.

Ervins

963676.jpg

balt.png

C1 controller EVRR & EETT FIR; BALT, EURN & EURE UIRs

Follow EVRR_FIR on Twitter at http://twitter.com/evrr_fir

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Well if the pilot is squawking standby how does the system "knows" what SQ has hi entered (ES knows, but you are simulating a real mode)

Pavel Brodsky
Posted
Posted

Okay Sirs, thank you for reply. Now it is clear. Yes, at LKPR they shall switch sqk on before lineup, so I can check it in this moment. Thank you.

PB

Pavel Brodsky

VACC-CZ

• 1 month later...
Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Please also check if you use [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume standby on the gorund. That clears C mode squawks for planes withs speed less than 40 KTS.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer