You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New CZYZ Website

Jody Turner 1018734

Jody Turner 1018734
Posted
Posted

http://www.czyz.ca/

Feel free to register.

Jody Turner - I1

Toronto FIR - Facility Engineer

8942.png

• 4 weeks later...
Michael Avila 1077868
Posted
Posted

Very professional looking!

6078501976_546409509a_o.png

Marc Wheeler
Posted
Posted

Registered.

CXA001-1.jpgspacer.png

VATSIM: P1|C3

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

I do not know about all of you being able to access to that new website but when I clicked on that new website, it was very very very very painful slow. I tried that in both Firefox and IE (all of them latest versions).

But I did manage to register after waiting 3 minutes.

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Jody Turner 1018734
Posted
Posted

VATCAN web server issues, thanks for your patience while they fix it.

EDIT: It does appear to be back up to speed. (And now not so much)

EDIT2: Turns out it was a Denial of Service attack to our website, which also slowed down all the other websites on the server. Thanks for your patience.

Jody Turner - I1

8942.png

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Now it is fast. No problem

Does registering with CZYZ website mean it will be valid for forums of CZYZ or do those forums of CZYZ require seperate registration???

If it requires seperate registration, would it be smarter to make SINGLE registration valid for both CZYZ website and forums?

Save people's time

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted
Now it is fast. No problem

Does registering with CZYZ website mean it will be valid for forums of CZYZ or do those forums of CZYZ require seperate registration???

If it requires seperate registration, would it be smarter to make SINGLE registration valid for both CZYZ website and forums?

Save people's time

Regards,

Aharon

At the moment it's two registration processes, with two manual authorisations. This is pretty common, actually, since websites tend to be custom built whereas forums tend to be off-the-shelf and tweaked for localisation. It may be possible for a registration in one package to be automatically installed in the other, but that may be quite hard to achieve. Forums are database driven with encryption built-in to the software, and the relationship between that structure and the database structure of the website, which may have different encryption, may raise issues. AFAIK .

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.

Jody Turner 1018734
Posted
Posted

We could have a forum built into the website, but we have already changed forums in the last half year and we would not be able to convert all the data over, so all our posts would be lost, something we're thinking of, but not not going to do at this moment in time.

Jody Turner - I1

8942.png