You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Hard coding proxy server IP

Phill Powell 849479

Phill Powell 849479
Posted
Posted

Greedy I know, but I sometimes use two PCs and a laptop to run Euroscope.

My network is stable so I wondered if there was an easy way to code the IP address of the proxy in to the two "secondary" connections?

Currently I still just remove, "local host" and type in the IP.

Regards

Phill

Vatsim network supervisor

VATeud I1/VATeir local examiner.

• 4 weeks later...
Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Phill,

Sorry for the late answer. Yes it is true that the proxy server is not saved to the settings files as I thought that it will be used mostly from multiple instances on the same computer. But surely it is not an extreme work to add it to one of the files. or to the profile itself.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

• 4 weeks later...
Phill Powell 849479
Posted
Posted

Thanks Gergely, and apologies also for the late reply. I've been unwell for a few weeks but I'm on the mend now.

Because of the amount of programs open when I use Euroscope, I found it easier to split it across a couple of PCs. Hence I usually have one instance of Euroscope running a couple of ASRs, on one PC, with Teamspeak for coordination. On the other PC I have a further instance of Euroscope, with the lists and an overview of UK airspace, since I'm getting ready for C1 training. This second PC also displays charts, ATCA, Serv Info and SimSRD.

I doubt I'm the only person who has this sort of arrangement, but it is really only a very small thing. Just lazy really. As it currently isn't implemented I'll leave it be for now. Hopefully I might actually find time to have a look at the code to get the IP saved to the profile.

Thanks for the excellent client.

Phill

Nils Hillmann 1069421
Posted
Posted

Gergely would be a nice thing to add it to one of the files. Have the same problem here too, because I also use more than one PC while controlling. And the proxy server ip is the only thing I don't get saved. All my instances at the PCs are opened by scripts so fully configured, only the proxy on the first PC was not found by the instance of ES on the second PC.

------

You can find plugins for EuroScope at http://es-pluginworld.nilshillmann.de/projects/

Currently available there:

- OCC Plugin Version 1.2 (Development approved by Gergely Csernak)

• 4 weeks later...
Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

It will be in the next release.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

• 2 weeks later...
Phill Powell 849479
Posted
Posted

Thank you Gergely, that's greatly appreciated.

Phill