You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Reset Zoom

Charan Kumar

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

How do you reset the Zoom to the original (saved zoom) view of the ASR? I tend to use mouse zoom, and even though I have multiple ASRs, once in a while end up doing this and having to roll back out to the required zoom. What I am looking for is the similar function in VRC where you can press the Control+# key and it will bring you back to the original saved zoom even if you are in that view.

If it's in the wiki already, I certainly missed it, point me thataway!!

Cheers!!

Charan

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Neil Farrington
Posted
Posted

Reload the ASR with an ASR hotkey?

Neil Farrington

VATSIM UK

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

You mean like, if I had the ASR to load in F1+5 in the general tab of the settings, after zooming in, I can press F1+5 again to reset the zoom. But that doesn't help.

What hotkey would I use to reload the ASR?

Neil Farrington
Posted
Posted
You mean like, if I had the ASR to load in F1+5 in the general tab of the settings, after zooming in, I can press F1+5 again to reset the zoom. But that doesn't help.

What hotkey would I use to reload the ASR?

The same hotkey as you [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned that ASR? I don't use hotkeys for my ASRs myself, so I'll just try it out myself now.

EDIT: OK, so I just tried it, it works fine. [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign the ASR you want to reset zoom on an ASR hotkey. Then, to reset the zoom, while you're looking at that ASR press the hotkey and it will reload the ASR, therefore resetting the zoom.

Neil Farrington

VATSIM UK

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted
The same hotkey as you [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned that ASR? I don't use hotkeys for my ASRs myself, so I'll just try it out myself now.

EDIT: OK, so I just tried it, it works fine. [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign the ASR you want to reset zoom on an ASR hotkey. Then, to reset the zoom, while you're looking at that ASR press the hotkey and it will reload the ASR, therefore resetting the zoom.

But that's what I do, and it actually doesn't reload or reset the zoom. I wonder what I could be doing wrong? Just to get on the same page, we are talking about General Settings/Page 2 right, the ASR (fast keys)?

I will give it another try tonight, thanks for the quick reply!!

Neil Farrington
Posted
Posted
But that's what I do, and it actually doesn't reload or reset the zoom. I wonder what I could be doing wrong? Just to get on the same page, we are talking about General Settings/Page 2 right, the ASR (fast keys)?

I will give it another try tonight, thanks for the quick reply!!

Yup that's what I was talking about. Interestingly it changes between 2 zooms when I do it. Try it twice consecutively - so you press the hotkey twice.

Neil Farrington

VATSIM UK

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

I wud hate to think I only tried pressing once and gave up , but it sure is sonething I am capable of and will try pressing keys multiple times, if not 2.

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

No luck whatsoever, I hit the keys multiple times and it didn't work. I am wondering if I have checked some setting that disables resetting zoom or reloading of the ASR somewhere.

Neil Farrington
Posted
Posted

Well there is no actual way to reset the zoom - that was just a semi-solution. You'll just have to cope with scroll-wheel/F11/F12 for now I guess.

Neil Farrington

VATSIM UK

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

okie dokie...can I make that a request somewhere for the next release, I know there is one in Beta!!

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

tks much