You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Hey mates, NZ is great!

Andreas Fuchs

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

You guys and girls might be interested in some pictures of NZ from above!

I travelled down to CHC last year in april and rented an aeroplane at the CAC (Canterbury Aeroclub), flying around for almost two weeks. You can find lots of pictures of my trip and of your great islands at my homepage (+400 pixtures, 40 MB, several chapters with thumbnails). Have fun!

Matt Stagg 900323
Posted
Posted

Nice pics Mate! New Zealand looks nice

Should come here to australia word of warning come in the winter its to hot for me even lol...

I hope one day I'll see New Zealand.

Cheers,

Matt Stagg

Boeing 737NG Pilot

VOZ Virtual

9116.png

Ian Mitchell 811236
Posted
Posted

Hi Andreas,

What a fantastic record of your New Zealand holiday. The photos and commentary were teriific.

As an Australian living in Melbourne, I lived in New Zealand for three years in the 80's and loved it. The folk are very friendly, and there is so much to see as you showed.

Laughed at your spelling of Kangaroo.

Well done. And of course I remember you well from FSBUILD2 days.

Merry Christmas.

Cheers

Ian M

Antony Radley
Posted
Posted

Nice shots, yeah NZ is great, if ya ever get a chance, drop on by!

Oakland ARTCC Events Coordinator - S-3

oakartcc.org

Beverley Howard-Smith 8396
Posted
Posted

I enjoyed the photos.

So pleased you had a great time here and next time let us know so you can get the chance to meet some of us.

Beverley

1248.png

Paul Williams 907674
Posted
Posted

Fantastic

Nice one Andreas

Paul Williams (907674) - VATUK Controller & Pilot

Essex OBS to TWR Mentor | Essex Crib Sheet Author & Maintainer

Essex Radar Trainee | VATPAC Validated

generate.php?mid=907674

• 3 months later...
Kacper Nowotynski 924072
Posted
Posted

just imagine being in a heli.. all these nice landing spots

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hey,

good you pulled up this thread, I had forgotten about it

Thanks for all your comments!

And: I will be back in NZ next month! I will arrive in Auckland on April 16. I am going to rent a plane in Hamilton and I am planning to fly down to the Fjordlands starting April 19. If there are some VATSIM-buddies in Hamilton, please speak up! I guess I will stop in Wellington, Christchruch, Napier and Great Barrier Island as well

Mark Ford 817283
Posted
Posted

Hope you aren;t stopping at those places in that particular order cost a fortune in avgas

Great Barrier is near my place

Mark

signatureI-FSFDT.gif

Michael Reilly 886102
Posted
Posted

wow, lucky you!

Youve given me an idea for when I get my PPL!

VATSIM Supervisor

VATEIR C3

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hey,

well, I am planning on touring down to the South, I want to visit (again) Hokitika, Nelson, Kaikoura, Christchruch, Wellington, New Plymoth, Great Barrier Island and new this time Napier, Queenstown, Keri Keri etc... And White Island is a must!

In case you have time, let me know! I really would like to have a beer with you at one of these airfields. If you live somewhere else, let me know. "My" Piper Archer is flexible!

Posted
Posted

Hey be sure to say hi in Christchurch.

Just let us know when you are arriving

Beverley

1248.png

• 2 weeks later...
Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi there!

I am currently in Hamilton. We will depart tomorrow morning with ZK-UFS, a rusty but solid Piper Archer II

As there's a cold front coming in from the southwest, we will try to fly as far south as possible, our first destination will probably be Nelson or Kaikoura, depending on our mood. Christchurch will be the next place to touch down, but it is not yet decided whether it will be on the way down south (to Queenstown) or on the way back north later.

Probably we gonna have a free seat for a flight around CHC, you are welcome to book flights with Fox International Airways

Best is if you send me your contact-details via e-mail, if you wish to meet a bunch of crazy Germans... pilot_(at)_gmx.net_ (remove the "_").

Posted
Posted

If you havae the time contact me on:

[email protected]

Beverley

1248.png

• 2 weeks later...
Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Beverley!

Finally I find the time to answer here.... we are currently in Ahipara in a truely great backpacker called "Endless Summer Lodge". It is like a hotel indeed, 90 mile beach is 50m from the doorstep!

It was a pleasure to meet you, Beverley, down in Christchurch! That's how I know VATSIM: you meet people even at the end of the world and you understand each other. You can be sure that I will be back on some nice day, I like these two islands (and I still have to see NZ's third island ).

Again thanks for meeting us crazy Krauts, see you next time and I will fly in NZ on VATSIM as well!

Posted
Posted

How thrilling it was to meet with other vatsim members. I really enjoyed meeting you Andreas and hopefully we will do it again.

Beverley

1248.png