You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Weekly Events Still In Effect???

Aharon Dayan

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Shalom and greetings,

I am wondering if CYHZ's Monday Nights events are still in effect for year 2011?

Also, I seem to recall that CYEG and CYWG as well as CYYC had Tuesday Nights events. Is that still in effect too?

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

• Board of Governors
Matthew Cianfarani
Posted
Posted

Hello,

The best person to email about this would be the events staff from each FIR. (http://www.vatcan.org/about/staff.php). Winnipeg stopped their weekly events a while back however may be reinstating them shortly.

Shoot out an email to the Events guys and they should reply shortly.

Thanks,

Matthew Cianfarani
Vice President , Technology 
VATSIM Board of Governors

Michael Avila 1077868
Posted
Posted

Hey Aharon,

Monday nights will still be Moncton Monday's out East! Hope to see you there

6078501976_546409509a_o.png

Jean-Francois Desrosiers
Posted
Posted

Hello Aaron !

The actual event for the division is still in effect. However, it's the Event's Coordinator's job to keep it up within his own FIR and up to date. I will send an email to the Coordinators from each FIR to know the status of their weelky event and I will keep you updated on this forum

Jean-Francois Desrosiers

Controller - Montreal FIR

VATSIM Network Supervisor

19.png

Marc Wheeler
Posted
Posted

Hi Aharon,

We were on last night and you can look forward to seeing us online every Monday.

Regards,

CXA001-1.jpgspacer.png

VATSIM: P1|C3

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Thanks all for kind words. I was supposed to fly from CYOW to CYHZ last night to utilize CYHZ's Monday Night event as I always participated in past Mondays flying into CYHZ but got called away by sight of 30 gorgeous ladies in season premiere of THE BACHELOR. My apologies to all of you!! Will DEFINITELY participate in that CYHZ Monday Night event this Monday the 10th.

Hello Aaron !

I will send an email to the Coordinators from each FIR to know the status of their weelky event and I will keep you updated on this forum

Jean-Francois,

Thanks That is much appreciated as I look forward to specific post detailing which airport or FIR will have weekly events.

A sticky post called Weekly Events of Year 2011 showing which airport and which day for weekly events (not including special events) would be gratefully appreciated so that I can tell which airport will be on ATC duty so that I can know in advance which airport I will have fun to fly into!!

For imaginary example of sticky post:

CYHZ Monday nights

CYEG/CYYC/CYZF Tuesday Nights

CYOW Wednesday Nights

CYVR/CYYJ Thursday nights

CYUL/CYMX Friday Nights

and so on

Thanks,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

• 2 weeks later...
Jean-Francois Desrosiers
Posted
Posted

I will look into getting a sticky post on in here somewhere, as of now,;

Moncton - Mondays, as stated above by Mike

Edmonton/Winnipeg - Tuesdays in the Prairies, seems to be still active, as far as I know

Montreal - Wednesdays, everywhere inside of the FIR

Pretty much it for now !

Jean-Francois Desrosiers

Controller - Montreal FIR

VATSIM Network Supervisor

19.png

Marc Wheeler
Posted
Posted

Perhaps these weekly events could be posted on the VATCAN web site somewhere

CXA001-1.jpgspacer.png

VATSIM: P1|C3

Gary Feddema 1032654
Posted
Posted

Hi everyone.

If I may put my two cents in about this subject in regards to weekly events. I personally think it's way too much and the pilots will lose interest in all the events happening every week in every FIR, it will just become to much. I think that a weekly event like the FNO for Canada should be created, have it on a Wednesday and call it "Mid Week Mayhem" or something. It could be designed to be hosted in a different FIR every week and different airports every time it comes back to the same FIR. Every FIR would be looking at hosting the "Mid Week Mayhem" for arguments sake, only 8 weeks out of the year, not too bad I think.

We are keeping with change and something new every week, we would be sponsoring different FIRs and airports that may not normally get a heavy amount of traffic. Our controllers may be more excited to control as they would not be burned out from staffing the FIR so much - which would turn into why this post was made in the first place.

If this was a VATCAN sponsored event like the FNO is for VATUSA, we could get our FIR focusing on monthly or bi-monthly events that are more FIRs related.

Thanks for reading and that was my two cents for tonight.

Cheers,

Gary

Gary Feddema

Toronto FIR Chief

http://www.czyz.ca

-----------------------

Like Us on Facebook

Follow Us on Twitter

Alan Taylor 825557
Posted
Posted

like this it hasn't been updated in a while but it still shows these three weekly events.

If you see any changes or would like to add a weekly event please email [email protected]

VATCAN1

Director, VATSIM - Canada Division

Vancouver,B.C. - YVR

825557.jpg

atc1o.png

VATSIM Supervisor

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted
I will look into getting a sticky post on in here somewhere, as of now,;

Moncton - Mondays, as stated above by Mike

Edmonton/Winnipeg - Tuesdays in the Prairies, seems to be still active, as far as I know

Montreal - Wednesdays, everywhere inside of the FIR

Pretty much it for now !

Jean-Francois Desrosiers,

Thanks to you and to all for explanations!! And Jean, thanks for this valuable post that I can keep in mind!!!

Mike Avila,

I participated in CYHZ event last Monday night as I did many times past Monday nights. Tonight, I have to skip CYHZ event as I would like to participate in rare Hawaii PHNL event tonight if it is ok with you and all VATCAN controllers:):):)

Quick question to Jean, Does Tuesday night events hosted by Edmonton/Winnipeg cover Yellowknife airport or not?

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Michael Avila 1077868
Posted
Posted

No worries Aharon, I may be flying down in HCF's airspace if time permits. We'll catch you next Monday

6078501976_546409509a_o.png