You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

fsx issue with high flight levels

Jonathan Cox 1122818

Jonathan Cox 1122818
Posted
Posted

I have a weird problem. I have FSX and FSinn installed. When I fly above around FL200, I have real low IAS even with the autothrottle set. For example if I set my autothrottle to 320 knots IAS the plane does not maintain 320. The higher I go the slower it gets, and eventually it stalls.

I fly the FSX default aircraft (usually the 737 or the CRJ), I have winds aloft enabled, and I fly with VATSIM weather. I don't know if it's something related to that.

I have no real clue what is causing this. Any help would be appreciated.

Jonathan Cox

1122818 | C1

Oakland ARTCC

Events Coordinator, Mentor

Anchorage ARTCC

Visiting Controller

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

known problem when using FSINN and FSX. see the weather work around in the installation post.

you can either use the work around or get a third party weather addon and ignore the FSINN weather, up to you how you want to handle it

Jonathan Cox 1122818
Posted
Posted

Ok, thanks, I'll check it out.

Jonathan Cox

1122818 | C1

Oakland ARTCC

Events Coordinator, Mentor

Anchorage ARTCC

Visiting Controller

Tony Vienonen 1136602
Posted
Posted

VATSIM via FSInn weather looks good, but is woefully inaccurate at higher altitudes.

Easy fix. Once you're about 10,000, click the CAVOK button. This will disable FSInn's weather updates. Now use third party or just FS's default Real Time weather. And once you are below 10,000 feet on descent, click the weather icon on FSInn and you have VATSIM weather again.

tvieno.gif1136602.jpg

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
I have a weird problem. I have FSX and FSinn installed. When I fly above around FL200, I have real low IAS even with the autothrottle set. For example if I set my autothrottle to 320 knots IAS the plane does not maintain 320. The higher I go the slower it gets, and eventually it stalls.

I fly the FSX default aircraft (usually the 737 or the CRJ), I have winds aloft enabled, and I fly with VATSIM weather. I don't know if it's something related to that.

I have no real clue what is causing this. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, Jonathan. In conjunction with the tips from the other users, I strongly encourage you to visit the Please Read sticky of the FSInn Help forum. It has two messages that will [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist you with this issue (as provided by the other to users) plus other issues that you might not have gotten to yet.

You'll also see important tips on optimizing your online performance while on VATSIM.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

http://www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!