You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

I can connect fine but am not seen by the ATC

John Giordano 1180149

John Giordano 1180149
Posted
Posted

Connection is fine and I am sitting at the hanger but the ATC doesn't see me and when I type a message, no response from ATC.

I don't know what the transponder number is comm1 is ready.

I can see other planes but I am not seen and no ATC responds to my messages.

I tried sending a flight plane but still nothing happens.

I have used squawkbox in Microsoft flight sim, so Iknow how it should work.

I have proof that the controller received my flight plan. I went to the "online list", and my callsign is there.

So why doesn't the controller respond and get to me by text. I have voice turned off. Is there something in x-plane that i have to configure.

Jacques Malan 995061
Posted
Posted

Hi John,

Connection is fine and I am sitting at the hanger but the ATC doesn't see me and when I type a message, no response from ATC.

Do you see ATC?

There is an option in the XSquawkbox dropdown menu to "Show who is online" You should see a list of all ATC in your area.

How do you type a message?

To type a private message you must do the following:

Press Enter (this opens the message dialog line)

Type: .msg Callsign Message (Where Callsign is the call sign of the controller you want to contact)

If you press Enter and just start typing, it will send a message to the frequency that is tuned on your com1 radion, and it may not be monitored by ATC

To make sure that ATC sees your message, have a look in the 'Who is online" list to find the correct frequency for the controller you wish to contact. Tune that frequency in your com1 radio and try again.

I don't know what the transponder number is comm1 is ready.

The transponder code does not do anything untill you are airborne. Default squawk codes are 1200, 2000, 2200, 7000... depending on where in the world you are, and ATC will [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign a code to you during flightplan clearance.

I can see other planes but I am not seen and no ATC responds to my messages.

Do you see other Vatsim users who are online, or is it perhaps X-plane IA traffic that you see?

Jacques Malan

VATSIM Supervisor

atc1o.png

Jordan Krushen 1135174
Posted
Posted
I have proof that the controller received my flight plan. I went to the "online list", and my callsign is there.

Also, showing in an online list doesn't mean your flight plan was received, it just means that you're connected and online. If you can see your planned altitude and route, etc, then your flight plan was received.

As Jacques mentioned, if you're not on anybody's frequency, you're just sending messages to empty airwaves. Be sure to tune your radio correctly first. Otherwise, how would it know to whom your messages should be sent?

8942.png