You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

How is an ineffective ATM removed from an ARTCC?

Kent Kasten 868422

Kent Kasten 868422
Posted
Posted

Can somebody please tell me why an ATM who is clearly hurting an ARTCC can't get removed by the VATSIM governors or other senior VATSIM member from their position for:

1) Writing policy which clearly violates VATSIM, VATNA and VATUSA rules and regulations.

2) Is not following his basic job description of promoting the ARTCC by having an online presence of 16 hours for the last 6+ months.

3) Is being protected by a superior position.

Thanks,

Kent

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

By first contacting the DD, then the RD, then you can elevate it to the BoG if none of those people do anything, and that doesn't mean what they do you don't agree with. Posting here in the forum won't solve a thing though and places you in a borderline CoC violstion. This isn't how problems are solved here, we don't do trial by forum.

Kyle Ramsey

Kent Kasten 868422
Posted
Posted

Kyle,

I'm sorry but how does asking a question in regards to the process of ATM removal put me in possible violation of CoC? Did I mention anything about who, or what ARTCC, no! I'm not trying to do anything but understand the process by which it should work but apparently isn't from where I sit, as many members of the ARTCC have taken the chain of command route. I never knew asking a question was against the law here...I'll shut up now.

Regards,

Kent

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

I think Kyle was simply giving the correct directions where this issue should go because washing the dirty laundries here isn't a good idea and might cross the borderline of CoC A13 (if I'm not mistaken). He did not mention that you are violating the CoC, but rather you might if you decided to continue posting the local issue here.

Romano Lara
vACC Philippines, Manager - Training & Standards
04819c_4181f294a6c34b5aa4d8a82c0fb448c5~mv2.webp

Gary Millsaps 830104
Posted
Posted

The DD is dealing with/has dealt with the issue at hand.

Gary Millsaps

VATUSA1

"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me...

guaranteed."

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Moved from General Discussion.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Dan Leavitt 1081600
Posted
Posted

Have you informed the facility members of how this problem was/is being taken care of? May help with communication issues if that's done.

DL

Dan Leavitt

vZAU En Route Controller

American Virtual Airlines

ORD Hub Ops Director

joinava.org

Anthony Baker 1080999
Posted
Posted

Yes Gary please communicate with that ARTCC about whatever was done to solve or redeem the issue. Communication is key.

ZAU S-2, Major Certified

ZAU S-1 Mentor

(Disclaimer: the post above does not necessarily express the opinion or stance of ZAU or ZAUs training program, this view is made by me and me alone)

7664.png