You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Overnighter #6 KSEA-EGLL possible enroute ATC?

Celestyn Chmielewski

Celestyn Chmielewski
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello,

Wasn't aware if someone already contact Canada vACC regarding Overnighter #6 but I will just post here in case anyone isn't aware.

IMAG012A.JPG

Friday 28th January 2011 to Saturday 29th January 2011

This January see another event present by BAV - Overnighter #6 flying from KSEA to EGLL overnight, as the departure airport (Seattle) is close to Canada we only need one USA enroute ATC, could we request possible full Canadian enroute ATC from Seattle to Vancouver to north-east(ish) Canada then exiting to Greenland.

There will be 3 hours departure slots (departure every 5 minutes for separation) starting from first slot 23:45z (15:45 local time) to the last departure slot being 02:45z (18:45 local time) from Seattle so there will be 36 pilots that booked their slot flying in the air Canada.

If you could possible provide full (or most) ATC all the way through Canada, it would help keep our pilots stay awake!

It wouldn't be route we will be using for the but here is one that was used recently just to help you plan which enroute ATC position to open:

SEA YDC J503 YNY J527 YMM NCAD DARUB 6750N 6640N 6430N 6120N GOMUP UN572 GINGA UN572 TIR UN580 GOW UN615 HON

It is up to pilots' job to plan their own route as BAV won't provide one as part of challenges for this event so I think they will try to get real world route or pick the most recent route.

And one question: Not related to Canada - I know there is no Greenland ATC (or Radio?) on VATSIM (never see this position opened since I join VATSIM back in 2005) but is it possible to try & open Greenland ATC?

If you could provide ATC, it would keep our BAV pilots awake but if there is not enroute ATC over Canada, they will try to stay awake by chatting on teamspeak, eating few snacks & drinks, few things for them to do!

Thank you!

EDITED: Forget to add date!

Edited by Guest

Celestyn Chmielewski

Proud to be member of British Airways Virtual!

CelestynChmielewskiSignature4.png

Michael Avila 1077868
Posted
Posted

I p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed this on to some fellow FIR Events Directors for you. Looks like you go north of CZQM but I'm sure some of the other FIR's will be happy to help!

6078501976_546409509a_o.png

Jean-Francois Desrosiers
Posted
Posted

Thank you for the heads up sir ! I'll inform the respective involved FIRs

Jean-Francois Desrosiers

Controller - Montreal FIR

VATSIM Network Supervisor

19.png

Celestyn Chmielewski
Posted
Posted

Thanks folks,

Today BAW48 flying over the night (16th-17th January) use the route that take them south and flow over south of Greenland and over Northern Ireland:

RVDCT YXC 5130N 11000W 5530N 10000W 5830N 9000W 6100N 8000W BERUS 6300N 6000W 6200N 5000W 6100N 4000W 5900N 3000W 5700N 2000W PIKIL MOGLO REVNU LIFFY UL975 WAL NUGRA

BAW48 route change everyday so I will be checking when we are getting closer to 28th January!

Not all BAW pilots will be using same route some of pilots will be using different route!

Celestyn Chmielewski

Alan Taylor 825557
Posted
Posted

Hi Celestyn,

If you contact VATCAN through [email protected] I'm sure we could arrange some ATC for you. Not all of our controllers and FIR Staff frequent the VATSIM forums so in future an email to the aforementioned address would more than likely get a faster response...or you are welcome to visit us at http://vatcan.org Mike has alerted Jean-Francois on this instance, so you can expect to see ATC coverage for your event, but due to the size of Canada and it's northern Territories I won't be able to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ure you of coverage right to Greenland, but we'll do our best.

VATCAN1

Director, VATSIM - Canada Division

Vancouver,B.C. - YVR

825557.jpg

atc1o.png

VATSIM Supervisor

Celestyn Chmielewski
Posted
Posted

Sorry, I will remember to contact event department via e-mail next time!

At the moment I am in CZEG airspace on my way to Seattle, I just noticed CZEG_FSS came online. I have no knowledge of Canadian airspace however is it possible to have CZWG_CTR and CZEG_CTR online for Overnighter #6?

Perhaps, one of your controller in Canadian FIR can jump on?

Or it most unlikely to have north territories to provide enroute ATC?

Now I am trying to find a way to contact for Greenland ATC!

EDITED: Just sent an e-mail to VACC Scandinavia Event Coordinator, let hope it is right contact!

Celestyn Chmielewski

Alan Taylor 825557
Posted
Posted

Greenland ATC was originally part of VATNA and by LOA is now part of the "Open Sky Area" between VATNA & VATEUD. The low airspace now falls under VACCSCA (BGGL) control, but by terms of Open Sky is open to all controllers of VATNA and VATEUD, high airspace falls under Gander Radio and Iceland Radio, in all honesty it would be difficult to find anyone to control this airspace for your event but you could try VACCSCA or VATEUD and see if there are any controllers able & available to cover this area for you.

VATCAN1

Director, VATSIM - Canada Division

Vancouver,B.C. - YVR

825557.jpg

atc1o.png

VATSIM Supervisor

Celestyn Chmielewski
Posted
Posted

Folks, it is tomorrow!

There will be 41 pilots flying over the night tomorrow, we hope to see ATC online tomorrow for our event flights!

Celestyn Chmielewski

Dan Wardlaw 964704
Posted
Posted

Hey guys,

I can guarantee one center controller for sure, we are trying to get more for the event.

Dan Wardlaw

CZEG Chief

http://www.czeg.ca

Celestyn Chmielewski
Posted
Posted

BAV pilots will be preparing their route tonight and I expect they will use SEA as SID in their flight plan route.

See you tonight (UK time) or in the afternoon (Seattle time) at Seattle!

Celestyn Chmielewski

Celestyn Chmielewski
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well I was not able to attend last night due to family issue at last minute instead I am currently on my way to London about to leave Canada (BAW48) had CZEG_CTR online all the way until he decided to closed, thanks for service & sorry I didn't get your name!

Thank you for providing ATC last night (wasn't there last night so I can't tell) I am sure BAV pilots are happy to have Canadian ATC covering the airspace they are flying under!

Next time if there is another Overnighter event which involve flying through Canadian airspace, contact via e-mail not via forum!

I will continue flying in Canada in the future!

Edited by Guest

Celestyn Chmielewski

Dan Wardlaw 964704
Posted
Posted
Well I was not able to attend last night due to family issue at last minute instead I am on my way to London about to leave Canada (BAW48) had CZEG_CTR online all the way until he decided to closed, thanks for service & sorry I didn't get your name!

That would be me.

Glad you enjoyed the service. We hope to see you again fly through Edmonton airspace. You guys were a lot of fun to have through.

Have a good one guys.

Dan Wardlaw

CZEG Chief

http://www.czeg.ca