You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

TIME-WASTING GLITCH

Daniel Arturo Charry Meneses

Posted
Posted

Well guys, i use XP v7 with XSquawkBox, it's compatible and works fine, but it has a glitch i recently discovered. I was flying from KLAX to KJFK using squawk 15.. i don't remember, and when i reached Michigan center, i was told to switch squawk to 6310. It seems that my flight plan got duplicated, because i can see at VatAware that the original flight plot stops at the point i switched transponder, and that another one continues the path.

It seemed weird to me, so i decided to go direct to KJFK, and the flight went there, and the 34 minutes of flight to there were saved, but the 3 hours prior to the transponder change simply got deleted. So, i want you guys to know what i did wrong, and if i didn't, tell me if there's any solution to that problem.

Best Regards,

Daniel

Noobie pilot.

Daniel A. Charry M. - SKGY

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

did you try resending your flightplan at any time? stats show

01/14/11 13:03 01/14/11 13:07

* KLAS-KLAX

* KLAX-KJFK (2)

0:04

guessing you made an ICAO code error when you first sent it in?

then after that shows

Pilot Pilot 01/14/11 13:11 01/14/11 16:17

* KLAX-KJFK (6)

3:06

Pilot Pilot 01/14/11 16:18 01/14/11 16:27

* KLAX-KJFK (2)

Posted
Posted
did you try resending your flightplan at any time? stats show

01/14/11 13:03 01/14/11 13:07

* KLAS-KLAX

* KLAX-KJFK (2)

0:04

guessing you made an ICAO code error when you first sent it in?

then after that shows

Pilot Pilot 01/14/11 13:11 01/14/11 16:17

* KLAX-KJFK (6)

3:06

Pilot Pilot 01/14/11 16:18 01/14/11 16:27

* KLAX-KJFK (2)

No, i just changed my transponder, and i pressed ident. The flight plan cutted after that. Oh, and KLAS-KLAX was yesterday, so i got no problem, seems that the 3 hours got deleted, as said above.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

the 3 hours didnt get deleted its there. just vataware cut it. remember VATAWARE is a separate service, its not provided by VATSIM.

happens.

Posted
Posted
the 3 hours didnt get deleted its there. just vataware cut it. remember VATAWARE is a separate service, its not provided by VATSIM.

happens.

Thanks.

• 4 years later...
Isaac Coso 1319278
Posted
Posted

Hi everybody, Don Ernesto, I got the same problem, well similar:

Almost all my FPs are duplicated in the statistics. At the beginning thought that I was not sending correctly my plans. Now I am more careful but seems to persist the same. I had checked other fellows plans and those are fine. Also checked on the forum for an answer but with no results.

What I am doing wrong? and what consequences will this have?

Saludos.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

they arent duplicates. its just the server adding new lines into the database. every time the server gets new data, which includes when ATC picks you up and either adds something to their flight strip (remember on VATSIM you arent creating a separate flight plan like the real world, you are simply creating a flight strip for ATC, once you submit it, its ATC's to do with it what they see fit for their operational needs), issues a squawk, etc.. it may create a new line of data

there are no "consequences"

Isaac Coso 1319278
Posted
Posted

Ok... thats the reason why sometimes I notice extra info that was not in the original FP. ATC making adjustments to the path, perfect.

Ernesto thanks for clearing the doubt. You've been very kind to answer so fast.

See you.