You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

[Jan 14-24] Australian Flood Relief Ops

Romano Lara

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted (edited)

file.php?id=3389

Photo courtesy of PFSG, User Avatar Stuka

As we know it, the people of Southern Queensland Australia has suffered from continuous rain that led to a series of flash floods that wiped out a lot of properties and submerged their towns, that eventually ended up a lot of people missing. In spite of the Government's relief efforts a lot of commercial organizations has already extended their hand to further those efforts, with that said, in our virtual community, the American Pacific Group has already started those relief efforts by flying to NSTU and NZCH from PHNL and KMIA.

American Virtual Airlines will be doing the same thing ferrying relief goods to NZCH, Comp[Mod - Happy Thoughts] Virtual-Airline will then be picking up those goods from NZCH to YSSY/YBBN. The relief operations will run for about 10 days. We will be doing PHNL-(NSTU)-NZCH-(NSTU)-PHNL. A flight to Pago-Pago will only take about 5 hours or so, while the flight to Christchurch would probably take longer. Its totally up to you!

Remember, this is not a MANDATORY flight. It is solely at your discretion whether you wish to join in the operation or not. A flight or two to the said destinations would be gladly appreciated. Flight plans are as follows: (a note to our pilots, if you're flying to the said destinations, I would encourage adding this line to your flight plan remarks, including in your PIREP remarks: "Australian Flood Relief Operations")

• Honolulu to Christchurch via Pago-Pago:

• PHNL - NSTU: OPIHI2 CARRP DATBE G457 LAKER
  • NSTU - NZCH: DRAWN B575 SELKA G457 AA H384 NP H252 NS V288 PEAKS PEAKS3

• Honolulu to Christchurch non-stop:

• PHNL - NZCH: HNL CARRP DATBE G457 ELLMS G457 TUT B575 REPOL B575 SELKA AA H384 NP H252 NS V288 YW (VATaware route)
  • NZCH - PHNL: YW NS H252 NP H384 AA B575 REPOL B575 TBU A592 ISDOT A592 UGABO A592 PUPIS G347 DUNEY G347 DATBE DOVRR HNL

• Christchurch to Honolulu via Pago-Pago:

• NZCH - NSTU: ALBAD1A ALBAD MUPAN H110 NS H252 AA B575 DRAWN TUT
  • NSTU - PHNL: TUT G457 DATBE DOVRR JULLE4

Donations will be gladly accepted here: http://www.qld.gov.au/floods/

Sincerely,

Romano Lara

VP-Events, AvA

Edited by Guest

Romano Lara
vACC Philippines, Manager - Training & Standards
04819c_4181f294a6c34b5aa4d8a82c0fb448c5~mv2.webp

Darrol Larrok 1140797
Posted
Posted

I'm not in APG, but I'd be interested in participating.

sig.php?pilot=1199&type=101

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

I got an email from VATPAC5 who is coordinating cargo deliveries to YBBN:

FYI - I am simplying looking at Vataware each day and listing down flights into NZCH and [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igning a common tonnage.

268,290 lbs of cargo per B744/(F)

210,302 lbs of cargo per MD11/(F)

Please nominate a tonnage for the type of aircraft your pilots will be flying or get them to include this in their flight plan remarks.

http://vatpac.org/forums/showthread.php?13098-Pacific-Airways-Virtual-Airline-Flood-Relief-on-the-Way

Many Thanks

Dave

So if you're flying - it might also help them to post the cargo you are carrying on you FP remarks for them to easily track it, if you're flying an aircraft other than the 747 or MD11.

Romano Lara

Brendan Lynch 1167842
Posted
Posted

I just had an idea, to move cargo around on the tarmac, mainly from Hickam to the Terminal Area. Would I just file PHNL to PHNL, no route, with moving cargo around in my remarks?

2vuh2cx.gif

Darrol Larrok 1140797
Posted
Posted

I'm not sure you'd be allowed to do that, just taxiing without going anywhere.

sig.php?pilot=1199&type=101

Brendan Lynch 1167842
Posted
Posted

Technically though, aren't Hickam and Honolulu different airports that share an ICAO and Runways? And who said I won't be flying out over the ocean a little with the cargo?

2vuh2cx.gif

tom van der elst
Posted
Posted
Technically though, aren't Hickam and Honolulu different airports that share an ICAO and Runways? And who said I won't be flying out over the ocean a little with the cargo?

Regardless, what's the use?

f1cert.gif

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

That serves no point Brendan. Did you ever had someone deliver you a pizza on an airplane landing in your street? No.

It doesn't have to be a plane moving them from Honolulu to Hickam. Its quite pointless IMO.

If you want to help, fly and or donate.

Romano Lara

Trent Hopkinson
Posted
Posted

Tuesday February the 1st I'm running the regular 0930z Tuesday Australia Online flight to YBRK (Rockhampton) as their official website indicates that the real airport is intending to reopen operations on Wednesday 26th of January.

Rockhampton is the airport which is featured in the picture at the top of this thread.

More info will become available in the coming days on

http://vatpac.org/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1578&day=2011-2-1&c=1

qfafin.png

Trent Hopkinson YMML. www.youtube.com/musicalaviator WorldFlight 2002,2008,2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2015