You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FSUIPC

Ross Piscoran 1138007

Ross Piscoran 1138007
Posted
Posted

I just got a new PC and went to install FSUIPC from Peter D. (newest version for fsx) and I opened up kACARS and its said it couldn't find a version of FSUIPC running. I also ran everything as ADMIN still no luck from that. Pleaase help!

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
I just got a new PC and went to install FSUIPC from Peter D. (newest version for fsx) and I opened up kACARS and its said it couldn't find a version of FSUIPC running. I also ran everything as ADMIN still no luck from that. Pleaase help!

I might be wrong and would appreciate being updated if I am, but I believe the Official FSUIPC support forum is:

http://forum.simflight.com/forum/30-fsuipc-support-pete-dowson-modules/

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

http://www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

link i provided above is for kACARS support forum

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

The key question is:

Does other program find FSUIPC (e.g. Squawkbox), then likely a kACARS issue.

If no program can find FSUIPC, then likely FSUIPC issue.

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
link i provided above is for kACARS support forum

Thanks... makes perfect sense.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
I just got a new PC and went to install FSUIPC from Peter D. (newest version for fsx) and I opened up kACARS and its said it couldn't find a version of FSUIPC running. I also ran everything as ADMIN still no luck from that.

What version of FS are you running (likely it's FSX, FSUIPC3 and FS9 rarely have installation issues.)

Does FSUIPC appear in your add-ons menu (or Modules inn FS9?) If not, go into your Modules folder under your FS directory and search for an FSUIPC.LOG file, and perhaps an FSUIPC installation log. Post them here.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Ross Piscoran 1138007
Posted
Posted

Ok so I have FSX and v4.6 i think for FSUIPC. Squawkbox works fine and operates like it should. Would you just recommend a reinstall of kACARS

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
Ok so I have FSX and v4.6 i think for FSUIPC. Squawkbox works fine and operates like it should. Would you just recommend a reinstall of kACARS

I'd recommend you answer the questions. A kACARS reinstall might not do anything if FSUIPC isn't installed properly.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.