You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ZMP's 168 Hour Push

Andrew Doubleday

Andrew Doubleday
Posted
Posted

This began last Thursday afternoon (the 13th) as just another afternoon controlling session at ZMP that has turned into a rather impressive challenge to see how long we can keep this going. We've been open for nearly 6 days straight thus far (7 of us or so have been alternating shifts regularly). Just figured I'd throw it out there that we're pushing for a "perfect week" (100% staffing) this week at ZMP.

This may very well be a network record setter already with consecutive time on a single position, but our goal is to stay staffed through Sunday at 2359Z at the very least to wrap up this week's Iron Mic totals (putting us at roughly 10 days or 240 hours straight ATC coverage).

Thanks to everyone who has been participating regularly so far (controllers and pilots), it's been a fun week and the feedback has been great received regarding this so far (or so I've seen). Would be nice to see even more pilots come out and fly with us. We offer a variety of under-utilized and fun airports (especially with the weather conditions the region sees this time of year) over a m[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ive sector with arguably some of the best services within VATUSA between the realistic operating procedures to the knowledgeable controller roster (most with a good amount of real world aviation experience in some form or fashion).

This is by far one of the best crews I've ever operated with during my years on the network. You'll like the service you'll get - trust me on that! We'll be here all week (day or night)... literally.

Regards,

Andrew James Doubleday | Twitch Stream: Ground_Point_Niner

University of North Dakota | FAA Air Traffic Collegiate Training Initiative (AT-CTI) GraduateGPN_Horizontal_-_Tertiary.thumb.png.9d7edc4d985ab7ed1dc60b92a5dfa85c.png

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

Nice job ZMP! i flew threw the other night, was shocked when i heard the controller say that

you guys are going to need to take the old ladies on vacation after this

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted

Already booked for October, I'm off the hook!

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

I had the pleasure of flying to MSP last night and did my first ever MAP...although I have had plenty of opportunities before this and instead very unrealistically just "shoved her down" onto the runway...Everyone was super despite my incompetence. I completely "spaced" Tower instructing me to enter left traffic for 30L because I was so focused on the MAP procedure and trying to get to the GEP hold point.

Was also the first time I was given Noise Abatement Procedures. That was cool.

Tower got me back on track and we all had a good chuckle. Everyone was great and my thanks to all ZMP staff who never fail to provide high quality top-down and ground-up service to we pilots.

You guys Rock...

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

• Board of Governors
Tim Barber
Posted
Posted
Would be nice to see even more pilots come out and fly with us. We offer a variety of under-utilized and fun airports (especially with the weather conditions the region sees this time of year) over a m[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ive sector with arguably some of the best services within VATUSA between the realistic operating procedures to the knowledgeable controller roster (most with a good amount of real world aviation experience in some form or fashion).

ZMP and ZYZ share a long and impressive border, and each have a large stable of professional controllers. Toronto's monthly "TTC" event is coming up this Saturday starting at 2300Z, plus New York's "Noreaster" is booked as well! (or so the VATUSA website says...no mention of it anywhere else)

As a pilot, I don't think you will find a better flight experience than running a KMSP - CYYZ - KJFK (and/or reverse) routing on Saturday night.

CZYZ TTC Event detail --> http://www.czyz.ca/node/293

Come on out people and have some great fun!

Tim Barber

VATSIM President

Bryan Wollenberg 810243
Posted
Posted

Nice job guys!

Always great services at ZMP.

Bryan Wollenberg

ZLA!

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

I have been watching this on VATSpy every day. I will be there tonight, just need a good choice of airports!!

And good job guys, keep it up (literally )

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Wim Sjoholm 1133704
Posted
Posted

Very impressive, looks like im going to have to take a trip to your airspace

Somehow rated s3

Dhruv Kalra
Posted
Posted

Already booked for October, I'm off the hook!

Sorry Matt, management can't authorize leave at this time. Back to the scope!

Echoing AJ, this has been one of the most fun weeks I've spent on the network contributing to the streak. The traffic count hasn't always been what we'd hope for it to be, but when we've had airplanes, it's been a blast. Thanks to everyone who's been a part of this so far, and look forward to seeing several more of you in and out in the next 3+ days.

Dhruv Kalra

VATUSA ZMP ATM | Instructor | VATSIM Network Supervisor

878508.png878508.png

Cameron Negrete
Posted
Posted

nothing like waking up at 7am, relieving a controller with 10+ planes at 7am.

Anthony Baker 1080999
Posted
Posted

You guys are still awake over there, nice, you guys are crazy, in a good way.

Enjoy your many weeks of sleep and rest after this.

Congrats on hopefully setting a record and for potentially 100% up time.

Blue skies and fair pilots

~AJ

ZAU

ZAU S-2, Major Certified

ZAU S-1 Mentor

(Disclaimer: the post above does not necessarily express the opinion or stance of ZAU or ZAUs training program, this view is made by me and me alone)

7664.png

Derek Hood
Posted
Posted

Dhruv,

I think we should just stay open all the way thru our FNO next week.....thoughts? opinions? It is awesome to be a part of this everynight when I get off work hopping on the scopes and having a blast. Thanks to everyone who has flown with us especially you late nights guys, the mid shift crew really appreciates it.

Shameless plug.....Remember next week is our FNO 1/28/11: Operation Deep Freeze. Most of us will be live in one room providing top notch service to all who fly in, look forward to seeing everyone.

www.minniecenter.org for more info and if anyone has any questions.

Derek Hood

Ryan Butterworth 1037842
Posted
Posted

You guys are crazy!

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog +courage+