You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ZMP Terminal Information Display System (IDS)

Andrew Doubleday

Andrew Wolcott 814793
Posted
Posted
Any chance Brandon might want to turn it into a community project? We have already started vasFMC. We could certainly add this in.

RJ

The developer, Logan, is most likely not willing to release the source.

Ok..fair enough. We asked...

Now I can't say that 100%. However, when I asked him directly in mid October about sharing the source, or at least turning the old system back on, the question was not answered. I could understand his reasons for not wanting to release it.

However, with that said, as AJ stated Logan is in the midst of continuing school and working his butt off to make ends meet. That is quite respectable in my book and while it is unfortunate that, for the moment, and possibly into the future, that Logan's IDS project may not reach completion, the effort put into it and the brief utilization we gained from it do not go without appreciation or recognition. Sometimes real life just gets in the way, people become burned out, or lose interest in general.

So, while I would not count on it, you are of course more than welcome to ask Logan directly. His email is available through VATSIM and VATUSA membership databases.

nmvx9d-2.png

Andrew Wolcott 814793
Posted
Posted
For ARTCCs/FIRs interested, I have been working on an IDS for ZJX that is pretty similar to this but has a few other features. It has a modular authentication system to allow easy modifications to adapt it to any authentication methods. It will be open source. Previews are at http://www.zjxartcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=86.0 I will post more information when it becomes available, which could be within the next month. Right now I am finishing the pilot tracking (for approach gate estimation, and PIREP information by call sign [automatically calculates a bearing and distance versus doing so manually]) and polishing the interface.

Charts are integrated with Leroy from AirCharts, so if you're in a supported area you don't have to worry about maintaining the charts for the IDS.

The exact conditions of the open source license, a variant of the BSD license, is available at the ZJX forum link above.

First AirCharts, Traffic and WX displays, AWTS/AWTS2, Leroy, and now THIS

You guys are awesome.

nmvx9d-2.png

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted

First AirCharts, Traffic and WX displays, AWTS/AWTS2, Leroy, and now THIS

You guys are awesome.

Well the IDS isn't an AirCharts project, rather one I built for ZJX. What can I say, I sometimes get a lot of free time accompanied with boredom?

Rahul Parkar
Posted
Posted

Yeah, Doodie up there seems to get very bored...

A few things that we come up with, and a few left to finish xD

Cheers!

Rahul

Rahul Parkar

"On second thoughts Nappa, catch it, catch it with your teeth" -- Vegeta

Professional Nerd. (Professionally not professional)

• 4 years later...
Marcus Miller
Posted
Posted

Bump... Is this still being worked on? If so, could I talk to someone about using this in Denver?

Marcus Miller

Houston Air Traffic Manager

spacer.png

Camden Bruno
Posted
Posted
Bump... Is this still being worked on? If so, could I talk to someone about using this in Denver?

Last I heard, ZMP transitioned into using what Justin Shannon had developed for ZLA. I contacted Justin about potentially using it for ZBW and he's simply busy with life right now, but will eventually be trying to make it available to all ARTCCs. Maybe i'll reach out again after the New Year.

Cam B.
VATSIM Supervisor

Marcus Miller
Posted
Posted

Awesome!

Thank you!

Marcus Miller

Houston Air Traffic Manager

spacer.png