You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

S'box with FSX

john fautley 1176199

john fautley 1176199
Posted
Posted

Hi folks I've just upgraded to FSX and am having the following problem. In FS2004 I could click on 'modules on the menus at the top of the screen to open and connect to Squakbox. But in FSX there is no 'mudule' tab to click on.

I can start S'box from the Start up programmes menu, but then it is hidden below the cockpit screen.

Do I have to uninstall S'box and re-install it to work with FSX ?

Thanks

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

Xsquawkbox is for Xplane.

john fautley 1176199
Posted
Posted

Thanks Ernesto. But, notXsquakbox, just Sqauwkbox. I still have it downloaded, and it ran fine with FS2004, but I can't find the module tab on FSX to run it with FSX

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

you posted in the Xsquawkbox forum so just makin sure

reinstall squawkbox, itll ask if you want to install for FSX or FS2004. choose FSX.

make sure its Squawkbox 4. only one that works with FSX

john fautley 1176199
Posted
Posted

Thanks again Ernesto. Whilst I'm replying here, could I just ask you. When I go on to ServInfo, to see who's flying on Vatsim, I see that some pilots are flying from EGLL to KLAX. Surely they are not sitting infront of their computers for 8-12 hours flying over the Atlantic are they?

John

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

some are, some arent. the network does require for you not to leave your connection unattended for over 30 minutes in uncontrolled airspace. once the airspace goes active, that goes out the window.

if you cant be at the PC the entire time, be close enough that you can reply when required. otherwise youll find yourself in hot water with a supervisor. or if your VA allows it, disconnect while you are away from the PC

if long hauls arent your thing. stick to shorter flights