You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Source for Canadian High Enroute Charts

Randy Tyndall 1087023

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

As a recent graduate of the VATCAN Flight Academy's P1 Training Program I feel compelled...nay, drawn, to Canadian Airspace to fly. Today I flew from MSP to Gander, but I had to fly VOR to VOR because I could find nothing on VRoutes or Simroutes or FlightAware as far as a routing. I even googled High Enroutes till my fingers were bleeding.

I found lots of sites where I could order the charts with my friendly VISA card, but no free download sites. I checked each of the FIR Websites in VATCAN. I searched these forums and found one hit for free enroutes for North and South Canada from a 2008 thread. The site, something like CYEG.CA.TT no longer exists. I have the high enroutes for Western Canada in .pdf format but honestly have no idea where I got them. And, they are so small with no zoom capability that they are virtually useless.

It's said a lot of times here in the States referring to Canada as "our neighbor to the North" So, to set a trend, how 'bout a little help for your neighbor to the South. Any such source exist?

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

Darrol Larrok 1140797
Posted
Posted

czul.org then click on maps. Low charts will come up at first, a link to the high charts are below it. This is one of the VATCAN FIR sites.

sig.php?pilot=1199&type=101

Alan Taylor 825557
Posted
Posted

this what you're after?

Several FIR sites are being re-vamped at the moment...it is getting to be a chore to keep track where they are "hiding" this stuff. click the text above and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

VATCAN1

Director, VATSIM - Canada Division

Vancouver,B.C. - YVR

825557.jpg

atc1o.png

VATSIM Supervisor

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

Perfect,

Thanks Darrol and Alan

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

Jean-Sebastien Paquet 1007
Posted
Posted

any one know of a better quality link, those are so low quality that you cant see the information once zoomed in.

thank you

AHW-VaList-005.png

sig.php?userhash=A1eTf5u2Dfsv6GMbkws630gJ&

Ian Elchitz 810151
Posted
Posted
As a recent graduate of the VATCAN Flight Academy's P1 Training Program I feel compelled...nay, drawn, to Canadian Airspace to fly. Today I flew from MSP to Gander, but I had to fly VOR to VOR because I could find nothing on VRoutes or Simroutes or FlightAware as far as a routing.

If you want the route added to SimRoutes - give me a holler.

Ian Elchitz

Just a guy without any fancy titles

Jordan Krushen 1135174
Posted
Posted

I should add that the Hi-enroute charts for Canada are dirt cheap. You can get the entire set for $15 plus shipping, and all the Lo-enroute charts for $25.

http://www.aviationworld.net/default/pilot-industry-supplies/ca-aero-charts/canada-high-enroute-ifr-charts.html

http://www.aviationworld.net/default/pilot-industry-supplies/ca-aero-charts/canada-low-enroute-ifr-charts.html

It's the CAP that's pricey. PM me and I'll link you to a complete set of PDFs from April 2010 that was released by NavCanada.

There's just nothing like spreading out a few paper charts on the floor and planning things that way.

8942.png

Marc Wheeler
Posted
Posted
There's just nothing like spreading out a few paper charts on the floor and planning things that way.

I used to be very pic on PDf formats and used nothing but electronic copies, until I got my hands on a paper set of charts.

I agree with you 100%. Paper is the way to go.

CXA001-1.jpgspacer.png

VATSIM: P1|C3

Gary Feddema 1032654
Posted
Posted

We have high quality .pdf charts on our website at Toronto. We only have the charts for the Toronto FIR, providing High 4 & 5 and Low 6. We also have all the aerodrome charts for all Cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] C, D E airport within our FIR.

See our charts at - http://www.czyz.ca/charts

Gary.

Gary Feddema

Toronto FIR Chief

http://www.czyz.ca

-----------------------

Like Us on Facebook

Follow Us on Twitter