You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Alienware

Justin Haslam 1156948

Justin Haslam 1156948
Posted
Posted

What do you guys think about the Alienware products?

Thanks a lot!

Justin

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted

used to be great products and service till dell bought them. i've lost a lot of respect for them since the buyout

Richard Gerrish

Developer, STM Applications Group

Tony Vienonen 1136602
Posted
Posted

I've heard from numerous sources, with the money you spend on Alienware, you can build yourself a much better PC.

tvieno.gif1136602.jpg

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
I've heard from numerous sources, with the money you spend on Alienware, you can build yourself a much better PC.

That's true of any PC vendor ... you're going to pay a premium for the convenience of not having to build it yourself. Probably worse with Alienware, though ... you're paying for the name brand somewhat too I guess.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Called Dell to ask about this some time back, the sales rep told me they don't sell Gaming Machines...and I was actually calling from the screen which led to the alienware page on their website. Promptly disconnected and upgrade mine by myself . From those who had it before, I have heard nothing but raving reviews!!

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

• 3 weeks later...
Johnathon Neilsen 955672
Posted
Posted

Alienware High End gaming dektop -> Would have cost me AUD$4,039.58

Purchased off the shelf, different brand but extremely similiar in specs, if not slightly better -> AUD$1,999.

I find going into a computer technician and actually talking to them helped. The salesman knocked $600 off the retail and threw in a free 1TB external HDD to transfer.

Needless to say, I wont be looking at buying an Alienware anytime soon.

955672.png